Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/20/2002 10:10:41 AM EDT
Well I was all excited today, took my Yugo SKS out for the first time. Forgot the stripper clips so I loaded five rounds into the mag by hand. After firing four, no bang. Bolt is locked forward and will only budge about 1/4 of an inch. I'm not sure if there's still a live round in the chamber or not. Prior to firing it, the gun was taken all apart and cleaned and lubed. Was using Wolf ammo. I'm at a loss. Help!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is what I did, though you may (for safety sake) not want to do this...

I took a .22 Cleaning Rod...and dropped it down the barrel until it hit the back of the catridge case...You can mark it (the cleaning rod) off to determine if the round is still in there. If it only goes a few inches, there is a squib stuck in the barrel. If it goes a couple inches less than the barrel length, the round didn't fire...If it goes almost the full (- a few millimeters) barrel length it has fired.

Once I determined it (the bullet) had left the barrel, I took the cleaning rod and a mallet...and with my foot pressing against the Charging handle hit the cleaning rod with the mallet...A couple hits and the bolt came open...Though, I damaged the cleaning rod...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top