Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2002 3:04:26 PM EDT
May be a stupid question, but I know nothing about AK's I just want a cheep reliable shooter to add to my collection.

My choices are between a Romanian and an Interordnance ak47. Now I’ve done some searching and can't find any info on the Interordnace, it was stamped on the receiver along with a Florida address, also the gun shop owner said that it had significantly more American parts than the Romanian.

I went to Interordnanc’s web site and found nothing and I’ve herd some bad thing about them in general but to me it looked like a better weapon and it also had a permanently attached compensator so I’m thinking about buying it.

Any one able to give my more info on the Interordnance?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure the Interordnance AK's are complied from parts kits. I have never shot one, but I have heard they are as good as the romanian ak's maybe even a little better finish on them than the SAR's too.

But you are getting an AK, they arent made to be in a fashon show, ya know?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The Interordnance rifles were built using either Krink receivers (Florida address) or early Hesse receivers.  Both are terrible, especially the Krink receiver, and the shot to shit Romanian parts kits that they were using, along with the cheap fire control system, is just asking for trouble.

If you do a search on Interordnance on this board, the Fal Files, and other sites, you'll find an almost universal bad to terrible rating.

Buy a Romanian SAR-1 if you're looking for a budget AK.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the in put guys, i apriciate it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm happy with my romainian (wasr-10) about the
same as an sar-1 low cost, real happy with it.
shoots very well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top