Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2002 8:25:04 AM EDT
I recently purchased a SAR-2 that the FSB was slightly canted.  Since I live within a hour of Global, I took the rifle there to have the FSB alligned properly and to have a brake installed.  Global was out of the threaded FSB so they said they would use an adapter for the existing FSB.  The dude said he weld the adapter to the FSB then install it and screw the brake on.  Has anyone else out there had a brake installed on an AK in this matter?  I know Global does good work and will back their work up, I guess I'm just curious because I've never heard of anyone else on this boad installing their brake in this fashion.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive heard of these type install. I believe thats how SAI is going to install mine on my SAR1. War Dawg.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally would have no issues with that set up as long as you could have the plunger pin set up(i.e. brake not welded on as well).  I would just want it to function correctly, and it sounds like they can accomodate that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what I wanted to hear.  Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:17:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Let us know how it turns out. I may go this route for my SAR 2 and Romak 992.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do txdude.  They said it would be 2 weeks so I still have about a week & 2 days to go.  I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey txman, I got the rifle back on Thursday.  Global did an excellent job installing the brake and straightning the FSB.  They rifinished the sight and brake before installing and it looks grat on the gun.  I ran about 200rnds thru it today and had zero problems.  That brake really reduces the recoil alot and it looks really cool.  I'm very satisfied with Global and it took only 6 days.  Customer service was excellent.  I wish I had a didgital camera to post some pics.  I highly recomend them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#8]
What was welded? The thread adapter or brake to the FSB or Barrel? Are the threads the same ones for the Romy brake so it can remain detactable?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top