Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/14/2002 9:38:46 AM EDT
I am thinking on replacing my SAR-1 buttstock with a skeleton stock.  I have have looked at the postban version that ACE is selling, but wanted to look at other options.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the K-Var triangular folding stock, but it's not post ban leagal.  I wish they had a premanently fixed stock.  Can these be permanently fixed easily?

Thanks Campy
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
MAK-90 with the ACE Stock www.riflestocks.com/index.html

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
RotDorn,  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Have you ordered from RPB befor?  This is the look I am after and the price is fairly reasonable.

David,  Nice pic!

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the skeleton stock style RPB offers also but would like something in polymer. To damn cold up here for metal stocks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Rot,  Please let us know how RPB's service is.
I would definately get the rubber recoil pad for comfortable shooting.  

DrJ, It would most likely work well on even in WI with the rubber recoil pad, but just make sure your skin does not touch the stock.  Thank god our Oregon winters dont get as cold as yours.  They are just wet as hell!

Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I have ordered twice from rpbusa.com, very fast shipping and my experience with them leads me to believe the are reliable.  The only questionable thing is the woman who answered the phone, is not very knowledgable about AK parts and their products in general.  Make sure you explain to her exactly what you want and verify that it is what you are getting.  
Here is a link to a photo of my SAR 1 with their stock and buttpad on it.
groups.msn.com/Ashbys/robs.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=273
My experience so far with this stock is that the allen head screws get loose after every trip to the range.  I even used some blue locktite and they still came loose.  Some guys on the "other" board have gone to Lowes and picked up some different screws which they said worked better.  I have not done this yet, but I need to!  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
A Cemetery.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top