Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2002 6:31:55 PM EDT
I'm sure a lot of you have seen these for the
AR's but they also make them for the AK's.
I'm getting another one for my AK's and my
9mm AR.

I'm just not a fan of the stripper clip philosophy.
Why load something twice ?
What do you guys think ?

Here is the web site:
www.cammenga.com/
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to get one of these speed loaders, be aware of the following:

1. The 7.62x39 speed loader holds 18 rounds, not 20 like the .223 version.

2. The 7.62x39 round has a little taper, so keeping the rounds upright while loading is harder than the .223 version.

3. Even with the slight problems, these loaders are great!

It is also rumored a L.U.L.A. type loader is being worked on.  I got one for my AR and love it also.  Both loaders have their place and take a lot of the work out of loading mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 4:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both loaders as well.
Man I hope the LuLa comes out soon for the AK's.
I like that one the best.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My personal experience with these loaders is that the AR model is great at removing all finish from the mag - even the annodizing - down to bare aluminum.  Right below the feed lips looked like I had taken a grinder to the poor fucker.  I nearly threw the POS across the garage.  The kind I was using used a plate of spring steel to retain the mag.  Maybe I had a model different from yours, ILL.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF does the 7.62 loader hold 18 when 15 would be easy to do twice for the common 30rnd AK mag?
Love my LULA too, fast and no more worries about bending fragile feedlips when I stuff em into the AR mag.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top