Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 11:07:53 AM EDT
I put a K-var US pistol grip on my SAR-2 and it fits pretty loosely because it won't fit snug around the mounting stud.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bradd
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about it being loose on the bottom around the mounting screw? If so go to Lowes and try to find a bushing to epoxy into the end. If up at the top where the trigger guard sets, try some epoxy in the trigger guard groove. Let it set up, file or Dremel to a tight fit, then touch up with the correct color paint. Just two ideas off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Why can't you tighten the grip screw more?

May sound like a dumb question. I haven't worked on an SAR-2 yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It actually tightens up fine, but I'd rather the grip be snugged against the mount.  I'm wondering if there is a wider mount.

Bradd
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top