Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2002 10:48:50 PM EDT
All right guys time to put your thinking caps on.  I have been in search of some type of LBE set up for about 6 months now.  All I can seem to find is the 3 pocket chi/com chest pouch or the rain pattern 4 mag pouches.  Does anyone know if/where a person can find a good LBE vest that will carry multiple mags, canteens, etc.  Most vests that I have found the AK mags won't fit since they are made for AR mags.  If anyone has pics of there LBE's or knows where I can get one please let me know

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of Eagle Industries vests will hold 1 AK mag per pouch.  Their ISSAK will hold 9-12, I believe.  www.eagleindusrries.com.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
There are ALICE-type pouches (same as the M16 pouch, but for the AK) available at different sources.  Quality varies, so I'd check them out in person first if possible, or go with a reputable company.  Then you can just use normal LBE and just use the AK pouches.  

If you have to have a vest, most of the major players in tactical gear can hook you up with one that will work with AK mags.  Try London Bridge, Blackhawk, Eagle, and the smaller guys that are all over the place on the net.  Really the smaller operations tend to have higher quality stuff, but you get what you pay for.  

Ross
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Doug Ford aka Tantal sells Russian LBE in the form of "assault vests".  Very reasonable and real Russian military.

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstvests.html

He's a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend him.

Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All right guys time to put your thinking caps on.  I have been in search of some type of LBE set up for about 6 months now.  All I can seem to find is the 3 pocket chi/com chest pouch or the rain pattern 4 mag pouches.  Does anyone know if/where a person can find a good LBE vest that will carry multiple mags, canteens, etc.  Most vests that I have found the AK mags won't fit since they are made for AR mags.  If anyone has pics of there LBE's or knows where I can get one please let me know

That Chechnyan guy (the 'My Jihad' author) recommended this company:

www.soegear.com/

They'll make you an AK vest, and apparently they outfit several SEAL teams (if it's true, I do not know).

themao

Got ice picks?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top