Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2021 3:25:44 PM EDT
FINALLY: The Zastava M90 5.56 AK in the USA #GunFest2021

God willing, we will (specifically I will) be able to buy this rifle with 15-20 magazines before the apocalypse occurs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrKlAokhtX4

God willing, we will (specifically I will) be able to buy this rifle with 15-20 magazines before the apocalypse occurs.
View Quote

The magazines look like they come from the same commercial facility producing the 7.62 units for Apexgunparts. The Serbian Military uses steel magazines in all the M21 derivatives I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
YES!!

I thought i missed out last time when these were being brought in. Never thought they would come back. Depending on if PSA ever decides to release their version of the AKs-74u determines if this or that will be my first AK.

I wonder how hard it would be to get different sleeves or whatever for the gas block and have custom gas ports made. I wish they went 1/2x28 for the muzzle threads, but since they keep bringing up the use of suppressors, i am really hoping they take the time to make sure all the muzzle threads are concentric.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I really need one of these.  I had a M85 that I got rid of and wish I hadn't.  David
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw this earlier and was so pumped. Also should mean we can get replacement gas tubes for the M90NP for that fragile little flange on the end.

Need to start buying mags. Hopefully the reports of the AC-Unity ones working holds true for these as well!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I am buying one for sure
I run exclusively Zastava polymer 7.62 mags in my ZPAP. I have no doubt their 5.56 mags will run great too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
YES!!

I thought i missed out last time when these were being brought in. Never thought they would come back. Depending on if PSA ever decides to release their version of the AKs-74u determines if this or that will be my first AK.

I wonder how hard it would be to get different sleeves or whatever for the gas block and have custom gas ports made. I wish they went 1/2x28 for the muzzle threads, but since they keep bringing up the use of suppressors, i am really hoping they take the time to make sure all the muzzle threads are concentric.
View Quote

On my M77 which uses the same "puck" valve there is plenty of room to drill one or two additional port sizes and add a locking channel to the collar for the gas tube to retain the additional position.

I have thought about simply adding one more channel without a port to allow it to be switched into straight pull bolt action mode sort of like the gas shutoff on a Yugo SKS.

Shit I even kept the gas valve when I rebatreled my Yugo SKS so I could do just that. I lost all the GL hardware long ago but with the push of a button I have a straight pull 7.62x39 rifle. It's fun if nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am buying one for sure
I run exclusively Zastava polymer 7.62 mags in my ZPAP. I have no doubt their 5.56 mags will run great too.
View Quote

The magazines that Zastava USA is selling with their 5.56 rifles are already being sold by some vendors.
Ex: https://dkfirearms.com/product/zastava-arms-zpap85-5-56mm-polymer-30-round-magazine/

But these are NOT the same as Zastava factory magazines (polymer or steel). As I said above, they are probably made at the same commercial facility that supplies APEX with their mags....

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The magazines that Zastava USA is selling with their 5.56 rifles are already being sold by some vendors.
Ex: https://dkfirearms.com/product/zastava-arms-zpap85-5-56mm-polymer-30-round-magazine/

But these are NOT the same as Zastava factory magazines (polymer or steel). As I said above, they are probably made at the same commercial facility that supplies APEX with their mags....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am buying one for sure

Does anyone know if the factory steel Yugo M85 mags will fit these?  The Yugo M85 and M90 steel factory mags are the same, correct?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does anyone know if the factory steel Yugo M85 mags will fit these?  The Yugo M85 and M90 steel factory mags are the same, correct?
View Quote

Yes, they work. They also represent the best magazine available for zastava 5.56 rifles and pistols.

Here is a picture of what the pattern should look like without all the magpul and hogue items:

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for one.

I have a ZPAP 85 that I am very happy with.  I'm just waiting on my eform 1 to come back so it can become an SBR.  I have Zastava steel and AC Unity polymer mags that work well in the ZPAP.  I am sure they will work well in the M90.  I'm always open to more choices in mags of course.  The Zastava polymer mags are $27.95 at DK Firearms.  The AC Unity mags are $13.95 at RTG Parts.  That seems like an easy choice for now.

Now, if I can just get one before everything goes to hell.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
now to start the elusive search for a Yugo UF trunnion.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have that gun, but mine's better.

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Nice rifle, how does it run?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I'm going to have to snag one of these.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw a numbers-matching Yugo M95A went for almost $1,700 on Gunbroker recently. I was thinking of selling mine since it's in unfired condition. Maybe this release will bring some demand for the original version with the wood handguard and underfolder stock.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:26:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I got a m95 underfolder.
There tanks, as in heavy. 1.5mil receiver, 18'"barrel. the front part , in front of gas block is heavy profile, (why?)
cool rifle, accurate and fun to shoot, but wouldnt be my apocalypse rifle, to heavy and long.
ymmv
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#18]
NEW Zastava M90 .223 AK *FULL REVIEW*

Mag issues or just a few bad mags? Wasn’t clear to me from the video. Makes me think about buying a Galil ACE instead.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, they work. They also represent the best magazine available for zastava 5.56 rifles and pistols.

Here is a picture of what the pattern should look like without all the magpul and hogue items:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/33/4b/cf334ba93dfe17356ed0a2c16d65efef.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/33/4b/cf334ba93dfe17356ed0a2c16d65efef.jpg

@BlgSal

Great!  I wish they imported the underfolder.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrj4oEPgxU

Mag issues or just a few bad mags? Wasn’t clear to me from the video. Makes me think about buying a Galil ACE instead.
View Quote

@themao

That would be nice to know.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't trust TFBTV reviews anyway, half the time it feels like they aren't super educated on what they are reviewing and they also receive money from the industry.
I'll wait till Rob Ski reviews one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't trust TFBTV reviews anyway, half the time it feels like they aren't super educated on what they are reviewing and they also receive money from the industry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree, you can tell by his weak stance not much of a shooter outside of gun reviews I bet. Why keep filming a review if you have a bad mag?
If I were Zastava I would be upset at the quality of the review, mag issue leaves doubt
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like follower tilt in the last couple rounds of the magazine when spring tension is at its lowest. Can be quickly fixed by tweaking the follower legs or stretching the spring out a little bit. Too bad they didn't have more than two mags to test with.

Had the same issue with my factory Zastava M77 mags, but surprised that otherwise standard capacity military M90 mags are having the same issues as the sporterized 10rd M77 mags.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@BlgSal

Great!  I wish they imported the underfolder.
View Quote

I do as well. Most likely they get these with a thumbhole configuration (fixed stock) from the factory. They then put the magpul and hogue stuff to sell to US customers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I think James Reeves likes Zastava. I like them too being 25% Serb myself. I think he, like Robski, recognizes the lack of quality imported AKs. He wants them to succeed. I thought their review was decent, but it wasn’t clear if they were having crap pandemic ammo
issues or mag issues. I can’t fault them for their ammo choices given the situation right now. I actually like some of their reviews, and this one is no exception. I also find James Reeves
to be hilarious (watch his Karl Thoughts video spoofing Die Hard and the AUG).

As previously mentioned, I wonder why the M21 was a no go. May be import license crap or maybe since the M90 is related to the M85. No clue. Let’s hope for the best here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As previously mentioned, I wonder why the M21 was a no go. May be import license crap or maybe since the M90 is related to the M85. No clue. Let’s hope for the best here.
View Quote

Bowman Arms was able to get M21 kits through. The configuration would need to undergo significant demilitarization to get in as a sporter. I would expect its easier just to buy the kits from Bowman and get a barrel turned than it would be to bring in a neutered gun and have it re-milled (if thats a word).
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope these get imported.

There is a M95A posted for sale in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think James Reeves likes Zastava. I like them too being 25% Serb myself. I think he, like Robski, recognizes the lack of quality imported AKs. He wants them to succeed. I thought their review was decent, but it wasn't clear if they were having crap pandemic ammo
issues or mag issues. I can't fault them for their ammo choices given the situation right now. I actually like some of their reviews, and this one is no exception. I also find James Reeves
to be hilarious (watch his Karl Thoughts video spoofing Die Hard and the AUG).

As previously mentioned, I wonder why the M21 was a no go. May be import license crap or maybe since the M90 is related to the M85. No clue. Let's hope for the best here.
View Quote

Hmm, seems like the same mag each time in the video.  But if they were using soft or hollow point ammo.

Your name seem familiar.  Did you stop posting back in like the mid 2000s due to going back to school?

gotta say that the m90/95 are sweet shooting light recoil AKs.

Attachment Attached File

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top