Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 1:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Those look fantastic! I'll definitely be buying one of these...provided that I can find one sometime in the next year or so.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those look fantastic! I'll definitely be buying one of these...provided that I can find one sometime in the next year or so.
View Quote

They are supposed to have more in stock this week.  If you’re on FB join the Palmetto AK Owners group.  They give updates on when stuff is slated to be in stock.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Heck yeah.  I’d be all over a PSA RPK-74 so fast my credit card would melt.  It’s the biggest glaring hole in my 5.45 collection.

Their 5.56 AK is supposed to use a bulged trunnion, so they’ll have the working knowledge. Just need the heavier profile barrel and appropriate front-end parts like the handguard retainer. Bipod might be a challenge.
View Quote

If I was them I'd find a way to get Arsenal to make the bipods. Can't deal with Molot...and tooling up to make a correct bipod would likely be more expensive than it's worth. Better to just contract it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

PSA is going to make RPKs??

give it to me in 7.62x39 PLEASE
View Quote

Isn't the aes10b available right now?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Isn't the aes10b available right now?
View Quote

If you're someone waiting for PSA to make a model then you probably are not the person willing to pay for the current market price of AES-10b's.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:Isn't the aes10b available right now?
View Quote

Yes, and I already have one. If Cugir would make them in 5.45x39mm I'd buy one of those as well. They may in the future, with the mil retiring their AK-type weaponry and the 5.45 caliber we may yet see some. All they'd have to do is rebuild surp stuff on new semi receivers, but it may be many years before they actually surp those guns.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:30:51 AM EDT
[#7]
1. I hate all of you

2. I want an AK-E so bad
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
What was the going rate on these when they were in stock?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
$899 for fixed with FN barrel, $999 for folding with FN barrel.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$899 for fixed with FN barrel, $999 for folding with FN barrel.
View Quote

Ski posted that he got his for under 1k. Think after it was all said and done buddy’s was close to $1200
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#11]
If I see one I'll probably scoop it up.

I picked up a GF3 today, definitely would have picked up a AKE but I haven't seen one in stock for so long I forgot the price.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ski posted that he got his for under 1k. Think after it was all said and done buddy’s was close to $1200
View Quote

Tax and all mine was like $1100.

Not sure if his state requires tax to be applied; mine does.

Base price for mine and the one he bought is $999.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I see one I'll probably scoop it up.

I picked up a GF3 today, definitely would have picked up a AKE but I haven't seen one in stock for so long I forgot the price.
View Quote

AKE is not gone for good.  I think they’re having issues getting the nickel boron coating done for the bolt and carrier.  But it may be a while.

Love my GF3.  Fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m definitely in for a 74. Oh, yeah.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They are supposed to have more in stock this week.  If you’re on FB join the Palmetto AK Owners group.  They give updates on when stuff is slated to be in stock.
View Quote

You got a link for that group?
I searched and didn’t find it.

PM me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Tax and all mine was like $1100.

Not sure if his state requires tax to be applied; mine does.

Base price for mine and the one he bought is $999.
View Quote

I know between the gun tax and transfer fee he is at 1,080.00 think there was shipping as well. Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You got a link for that group?
I searched and didn’t find it.

PM me.
View Quote

Message sent
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know between the gun tax and transfer fee he is at 1,080.00 think there was shipping as well. Could be wrong.
View Quote

That’s about right.  But people say that all the time.  .99 cent tacos, under a dollar!  But you pay tax.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I got my fixed stock 103 for $972 which includes tax and shipping, $25 was my transfer fee.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

AKE is not gone for good.  I think they’re having issues getting the nickel boron coating done for the bolt and carrier.  But it may be a while.

Love my GF3.  Fun to shoot.
View Quote

Good to hear, I never thought I’d ever own a US AK, but here we are. This will be a shooter for sure.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw on FB that they were back in stock and I was able to grab the side folder just now

Looking forward to this one even though I'm not a 7.62 guy

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I saw on FB that they were back in stock and I was able to grab the side folder just now

Looking forward to this one even though I'm not a 7.62 guy

View Quote

I think you will like it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up my AK103 side folder klone and I'm very impressed. I've looked it over carefully but haven't fired it yet

Everything is straight, finish is nearly perfect, in fact probably one of the best finishes I've ever seen on an AK. There was only spot that seemed like it wasn't perfectly applied and that's under the gas tube on the RSB and can't be seen with the gas tube in place. Not going to bother me a bit
There was some wear on the bolt finish but it's unfired, otherwise the entire rest of the rifle is flawless. I don't particularly care about the finish on AKs and never have, but I do have to say it's really impressive. PSA did a great job on it

Rivets are perfect except one on the rear trunnion which is slightly canted and not quite squashed straight down. Zero f*cks given on my part because it's barely noticeable and won't affect function. The rifle comes apart easily and isn't stiff at all, it feels like it's already broken in but still crisp. The bolt carrier has some grit to it but not much, nothing to complain about. The trigger is nice but weird. There is no break point, it's just mushy with a little grit and then the hammer suddenly goes forward. It's weird but not bad. There is also no reset on my trigger. When I ride the trigger forward and hear the reset click the trigger has returned to the full forward unfired position. It's like you never put your finger on the trigger at all. I've never seen an AK trigger like that but again not bad, just weird

The brake makes a squeaky noise coming off, also something I've never heard on a 74 FSB. The threads don't feel tight or wrong, but it does feel well machined, if that makes sense. In fact the whole rifle seems really well machined. Crisp, even, smooth and nicely put together. I can tell right away it's not comboc because it's too nice . There's no slop or bad machining that I can see

All my bakelite and Russian true black mags lock up fine and so do my metal Hungarian 20 round tankers, but the 30 round metal mags were more of a problem. I've got about 20 steel mags but don't recall the country of origin, however only 12 will lock in. 4 of those 12 need quite a bit of force to push the mag release into place. Of the 20, 8 of them won't lock in at all. Not sure why. I've never seen on this on an AK

My only small personal complaint is purely aesthetical and biased toward combloc rifles, but the PSA is too black. The rear sight leaf is black, the trigger pins are black, the recoil spring, the rear latch mechanism, the front sight block threads...literally everything is black except the rear latch spring inside the trunnion. For me it's weird and I can't stop seeing it, so I will probably swap out a few smaller parts to break it up and make it feel more like a combloc AK. I'm not OCD about these things but tbh after all these years of handling AKs I can't stop seeing these differences on the PSA

That said, it is what it is and not a knock on PSA. All of it is manufacturing related and none of it will affect function

Like I said, I'm really impressed out of the box. This is one of the nicest AKs I've ever seen and that's saying something.

Next step is to get this out to the range ASAP and see how it shoots. I'm really excited to see what the FN barrel can do. To be honest I'm surprised I have this much enthusiasm for a 7.62 rifle. Even my Saiga's don't have me this excited to see what they are all about

@nmxdavenn got your mag here

Z

Link Posted: 8/19/2020 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just picked up my AK103 side folder klone and I'm very impressed. I've looked it over carefully but haven't fired it yet

Everything is straight, finish is nearly perfect, in fact probably one of the best finishes I've ever seen on an AK. There was only spot that seemed like it wasn't perfectly applied and that's under the gas tube on the RSB and can't be seen with the gas tube in place. Not going to bother me a bit
There was some wear on the bolt finish but it's unfired, otherwise the entire rest of the rifle is flawless. I don't particularly care about the finish on AKs and never have, but I do have to say it's really impressive. PSA did a great job on it

Rivets are perfect except one on the rear trunnion which is slightly canted and not quite squashed straight down. Zero f*cks given on my part because it's barely noticeable and won't affect function. The rifle comes apart easily and isn't stiff at all, it feels like it's already broken in but still crisp. The bolt carrier has some grit to it but not much, nothing to complain about. The trigger is nice but weird. There is no break point, it's just mushy with a little grit and then the hammer suddenly goes forward. It's weird but not bad. There is also no reset on my trigger. When I ride the trigger forward and hear the reset click the trigger has returned to the full forward unfired position. It's like you never put your finger on the trigger at all. I've never seen an AK trigger like that but again not bad, just weird

The brake makes a squeaky noise coming off, also something I've never heard on a 74 FSB. The threads don't feel tight or wrong, but it does feel well machined, if that makes sense. In fact the whole rifle seems really well machined. Crisp, even, smooth and nicely put together. I can tell right away it's not comboc because it's too nice . There's no slop or bad machining that I can see

All my bakelite and Russian true black mags lock up fine and so do my metal Hungarian 20 round tankers, but the 30 round metal mags were more of a problem. I've got about 20 steel mags but don't recall the country of origin, however only 12 will lock in. 4 of those 12 need quite a bit of force to push the mag release into place. Of the 20, 8 of them won't lock in at all. Not sure why. I've never seen on this on an AK

My only small personal complaint is purely aesthetical and biased toward combloc rifles, but the PSA is too black. The rear sight leaf is black, the trigger pins are black, the recoil spring, the rear latch mechanism, the front sight block threads...literally everything is black except the rear latch spring inside the trunnion. For me it's weird and I can't stop seeing it, so I will probably swap out a few smaller parts to break it up and make it feel more like a combloc AK. I'm not OCD about these things but tbh after all these years of handling AKs I can't stop seeing these differences on the PSA

That said, it is what it is and not a knock on PSA. All of it is manufacturing related and none of it will affect function

Like I said, I'm really impressed out of the box. This is one of the nicest AKs I've ever seen and that's saying something.

Next step is to get this out to the range ASAP and see how it shoots. I'm really excited to see what the FN barrel can do. To be honest I'm surprised I have this much enthusiasm for a 7.62 rifle. Even my Saiga's don't have me this excited to see what they are all about

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20200819_151447-1553587.jpg

Z

View Quote

I felt the same way with mine.  Still have to shoot it, but visually it’s, dare say, stunning.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#26]
If I didn't already own two NICE AK's (Egyptian AKM and Arsenal milled SAM7SF) I would be all over a PSA 7.62 AK.

I'm just waiting along with everyone else for their AK74 line to come out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20200819_151447-1553587.jpg

Z

View Quote

I have the ak-e and a 103 fixed stock. They both are very well made. I'm glad you like it, hope you post results from your range trip.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have the ak-e and a 103 fixed stock. They both are very well made. I'm glad you like it, hope you post results from your range trip.
View Quote
Me too. I just ordered the 103 yesterday. I'm not really sure why, because I also have a GF3 MOE and GF3 Triangle folder.

I'm really trying to figure out why I ordered it. I guess it was an impulse buy because it's pretty and we found out yesterday my wife had another miscarriage so I was feeling down. I have an AK-P, too so now all I want is a 12.5" AK-E and I'm done buying AKs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Me too. I just ordered the 103 yesterday. I'm not really sure why, because I also have a GF3 MOE and GF3 Triangle folder.

I'm really trying to figure out why I ordered it. I guess it was an impulse buy because it's pretty and we found out yesterday my wife had another miscarriage so I was feeling down. I have an AK-P, too so now all I want is a 12.5" AK-E and I'm done buying AKs.
View Quote

Sorry about the miscarriage man.  My wife and I lost two.  ??

I think you’ll enjoy the 103.  Mine is really great.  Best wishes brother.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sorry about the miscarriage man.  My wife and I lost two.  

I think you'll enjoy the 103.  Mine is really great.  Best wishes brother.
View Quote
Thanks, bro. This was our second as well, but we have a miracle baby who just turned two and he's my world so in the grand scheme of things I'm blessed beyond words.

The more I look at the 103 the more I like it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Somehow mine made it to my local PSA store today and I picked it up. Holy hell it's beautiful, just like my AK-E. Can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Took my 103SF out today, shot great, sights dead on out of the box. My stock was ultra tight before the range trip, and after 60 rounds now has some wiggle to it. Discovered the dust cover is horribly tight, so much so that with the button depressed fully I can barely get it to move. I have to wobble it back and forth to get it to come off the receiver. Putting it back on is also a struggle, but I can live with that. I am just concerned about the rear stock suddenly going from rock solid tight to now having some play in it.

Absolutely the best shooting AK I have, and the trigger is smooth as silk. 1st shot was a total surprise because there is no take up at all in it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Just received my 103 and I am definitely impressed overall, though I have noticed one thing that is giving me pause. My gas tube is not lined up with the gas block 100%, I then proceeded to disassemble the rifle and my God I've never had such a hard time with reassembling a gas tube! Noticed that the gas tube is hitting the lower handguard and making it a colossal pain to go back into place. Anyone else run into anything like this?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just received my 103 and I am definitely impressed overall, though I have noticed one thing that is giving me pause. My gas tube is not lined up with the gas block 100%, I then proceeded to disassemble the rifle and my God I've never had such a hard time with reassembling a gas tube! Noticed that the gas tube is hitting the lower handguard and making it a colossal pain to go back into place. Anyone else run into anything like this?
https://i.imgur.com/CaAQ2TC.jpg
View Quote
Not that I pull the gas tubes on AKs often, but I would contact PSA about the issue.  I’m certain they will make it right.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I apologize for any inconvenience. If you PM me your order number I can get you taken care of.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
Case in point regarding the negative comments on a related thread.  Arsenal rep didn’t hunt me down on a forum to offer good customer service when I had a rifle show up with a badly canted front sight post.

PSA is alright in my book.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I apologize for any inconvenience. If you PM me your order number I can get you taken care of.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

Thank you Josiah, pm headed your way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Case in point regarding the negative comments on a related thread.  Arsenal rep didn’t hunt me down on a forum to offer good customer service when I had a rifle show up with a badly canted front sight post.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you,

Josiah

This right here! I'm totally blown away by this, wasn't expecting this at all. Gives me confidence going forward for my next purchase through PSA.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a fellow Arsenal owner, I love mine, but Arsenal does not give 2 shits about customer service. They had the market cornered so long on the high quality AK imports that their products sold themselves. Now that Russian imports were done with years ago and the Bulgarian imports are getting scarce I think they are feeling the pain, resulting in that AK-20 they are working on in-house.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I am only about 400 rounds into my ownership experience with the PSA 103 and I am quite impressed with the accuracy of this FN barrel.  Most accurate 7.62 AK I have ever owned based on the groups I shot this weekend with an unmagnified red dot.  No physical problems with the gun, no wobbles, ran perfectly from round one.  I guess when we get to higher round counts we will see how well it is built.  Sample of one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#42]
So far I'm reasonably impressed with the accuracy of mine shooting with the 74 brake only. It's gotten some 2.5 inch groups at 100 yards which is very respectable using the same Barnaul that Rob Ski likes, but it doesn't appear (so far) to be dramatically better than my Saiga AK103 with the same ammo and same scope

That said, when you suppress these PSA 103s something pretty magical seems to happen with the groups due to the added weight on the end of the barrel. My friend @nmxdavenn shot this group at 100 yards with his suppressed PSA, and while I didn't get a photo of the group I shot using his rifle it was similar

Rob Ski was getting 1.45 moa or so with mine during the 1000 rounds head to head test

I am in the process of testing the two PSAs that I own vs my Saiga AK103 conversion. All three will have the same suppressor, same optic and same ammo. FWIW I think the FN barrels on the PSA are going to have tighter groups than the Izhmash barrel, but we'll see what happens. I haven't spent a lot of time with my Saiga 103 suppressed, so maybe they will come out very similar. I do know that my 74s suppressed definitely have tighter groups than unsuppressed

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So far I'm reasonably impressed with the accuracy of mine shooting with the 74 brake only. It's gotten some 2.5 inch groups at 100 yards which is very respectable using the same Barnaul that Rob Ski likes, but it doesn't appear (so far) to be dramatically better than my Saiga AK103 with the same ammo and same scope

That said, when you suppress these PSA 103s something pretty magical seems to happen with the groups due to the added weight on the end of the barrel. My friend @nmxdavenn shot this group at 100 yards with his suppressed PSA, and while I didn't get a photo of the group I shot using his rifle it was similar
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20201014_181657-1645058.png

Rob Ski was getting 1.45 moa or so with mine during the 1000 rounds head to head test

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/2020-10-20_07_50_41-2x_AK103___AK_206__R-1645050.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WGkd0r9G00

I am in the process of testing the two PSAs that I own vs my Saiga AK103 conversion. All three will have the same suppressor, same optic and same ammo. FWIW I think the FN barrels on the PSA are going to have tighter groups than the Izhmash barrel, but we'll see what happens. I haven't spent a lot of time with my Saiga 103 suppressed, so maybe they will come out very similar. I do know that my 74s suppressed definitely have tighter groups than unsuppressed

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20201020_080303-1645061.jpg
View Quote

Be interested to see the results of this.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#44]
GT dropped this video today.

Affordable US made AK-103! (Palmetto State Armory)
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
GT dropped this video today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q789nlbiVyA
View Quote

Watching it now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#46]
OP Titos is a BLM supporting shop, get yourself some nice polish vodka instead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Placed my AK103 order on wednesday. Got the tracking number tonight. I’m excited! The only other AK I have is a pap m92 i bought back in 2015. Thanks for the heads up on the QC stuff I should look for. Glad to see PSA is around here taking care of us as well. Also thanks to TX-Zen for all the info on the suppressed AK thread. Most likely will be adding a KNS adjustable piston and surefire three prong to mount a 762RC1 after I check it with a Geissele rod from brownells. Seems simple enough. Might just have adco do a pin/weld to 14.5 though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Finally picked it up from my ffl tonight! Everything seems good to go. Only slight issue was the gas tube lever was a little loose for my taste but all i had to do to fix that was put it in the up position and push on it with my fingers to bend it a little while supporting the mid section to be careful not to break it off.
Folding stock very solid no wobble. serial number around 2500.
Looking forward to some range time!
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#50]
I would never post on a public forum that in the past month I have bought:

3x AK-V
1x GF3 Plum Folder
1x AK74 Folder
1x GF4
1x AK-E
1x AK-P

It isn't easy to find them in stock but if you had some patience and knew your opportunities would be limited after the election you would be motivated.
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top