Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/20/2016 4:02:58 PM EDT
So after 1100 rounds I have had zero malfunctions.  There rely is nothing to report other than the gun just runs perfectly.  Sorry it took me so long to get the pics up but I have been working double shifts the past few days.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
1100 rounds?  Check back in when you've actually done some serious shooting with it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1100 rounds?  Check back in when you've actually done some serious shooting with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
99.99% of Century AK's are good solid guns. I have sold thousands of them and only had a few come back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am just trying to document any wear, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WASRS are underated, please keep us updated with pics as round count goes up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
US AK manufactures take note of how to build a quality long lasting AK.

This is how you do it
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they really aren't anymore.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was starting to think they were overrated, this is why I bought one; to test the hype.  I am changing my mind.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I know what your point is here and it's appreciated, but when I shoot I usually shoot 1k in a day or two.
Your going to have to shoot thousands upon thousands of rounds to produce any wear effecting the AK platform.
Btw congrats on your wasr purchase
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know what your point is here and it's appreciated, but when I shoot I usually shoot 1k in a day or two.
Your going to have to shoot thousands upon thousands of rounds to produce any wear effecting the AK platform.
View Quote

Tell that to the guys with the ras47s or the paps with deformed carrier tails after 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tell that to the guys with the ras47s or the paps with deformed carrier tails after 500 rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correction. Quality AK platforms
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.. they really are. Lots of people bad mouth them and say they are "entry" level AKs yet time and time again they prove themselves against every other brand, country, etc out there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My only complaint is the reset on the trigger is about a mile long, an issue that will be fixed on monday.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My only complaint is the reset on the trigger is about a mile long, an issue that will be fixed on monday.
View Quote

Pick up a g2?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Alg akt
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
"...they are "entry" level AKs yet time and time again they prove themselves against every other brand, country, etc out there."

-BlckM70

The saying "entry level AK" never made that much sense to me. AK's quickly plateau when it comes to performance. They're either crap from the beginning or they're good to go, but the best AK's aren't that far ahead of just average AK's. They really are far more accurate than given credit for. I have yet to see this crappy AK that can't hit the side of a barn from 50 meters away.

As for build quality, yes I believe they vary a lot from the more expensive models to the cheap ones. I think a base factory VEPR shows far more quality than any Saiga I have seen yet.

Then there's the collectible prebans and rare one-off imports. I guess in that case a cheap, yet still foreign built AK would be considered an "entry" into the world of dropping lots of money on a collection that most likely will never be complete.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been having problems with mine. The bolt has got very stiff and catches halfway through the action. Any ideas?

Bought from Atlantic late 2013

About 1000 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Might be catching the hammer. They had tapco g2's then right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#21]
They used to come with G2s, now they have the rak 1.  Make sure your trigger pin(s) are not walking out, making the hammer tilt and catch on the bolt
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top