Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2015 10:23:24 AM EDT
Took my new DDI AK47S to the Civilian Marksmanship Program 300 Yard Range. Wanted to see what it would do on a 19" (~shoulder width) target, using irons only and at 300 yards.  No lead sled or special rest. YouTube video link for during live fire below, you can FF to 3:12 for results. Still picture of the 300 yd 19" scoring target for those with slow connection. The 19" measurement is for the black portion of target only. The rifles are factory zeroed and use different ammo, so the POI is low and left.  9 of 10 rounds were 3 MOA (i.e., ~9 inch ES) and 8 of 10 were ~8 inch ES or ~2.7 MOA.  That first error round at 1 o'clock may have just heeled that before I pulled trigger.  The card I'm holding is scale to 19" (shoulder width) and hash mark in middle is scale to 9.5" (head width). DDI builds some very accurate AK's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwwEoGo0rY

Here's a picture of the rife.  Built off Hungarian kits, nitride finish with KG Kote Black and black Hogue furniture.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice shooting
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I am stoked about having an AK that isn't the typical 4 MOA to 8 MOA I'm used to.running into. Got the rifle NIB for $699 and it's also great to have one factory zeroed.  Out of the box fun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top