Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:57:51 AM EDT
My brother is looking to get into the AK-47 platform - both him and I are familiar with the AR platform, but not so much with the AK, so I would appreciate your input.

Does PSA make/sell good AK-47's?  Are they junk?  Should he buy one from another distributor?

PSA AK-47 #1

PSA AK-47 #2

PSA AK-47 #3
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My brother is looking to get into the AK-47 platform - both him and I are familiar with the AR platform, but not so much with the AK, so I would appreciate your input.

Does PSA make/sell good AK-47's?  Are they junk?  Should he buy one from another distributor?

PSA AK-47 #1

PSA AK-47 #2

PSA AK-47 #3
View Quote

#2 is not made by PSA.

I can't recommend any of them, because there simply isn't enough data, and enough info on them in the real world to make a rational, educated decision. They showed up briefly, then disappeared from stock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they actually have them for sale. They released them earlier this year but had a problem with the receivers I believe. They ended up pulling them to be released again at a later date.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

#2 is not made by PSA.

I can't recommend any of them, because there simply isn't enough data, and enough info on them in the real world to make a rational, educated decision. They showed up briefly, then disappeared from stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PSA AK-47 #1

PSA AK-47 #2

PSA AK-47 #3

#2 is not made by PSA.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Fine. Remind me not to help smartasses next time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fine. Remind me not to help smartasses next time.
View Quote

You can relax, I was just teasing you.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately, no one has any first-hand info on PSA's AKs. They discovered headspacing issues on their first batch and pulled them off the market. It's a shame because I was actually pretty excited about the barreled-receivers they were going to be selling. I'm actually surprised their supplier isn't back on line yet - it feels like it's been a while since they went away.

As far the the "Kalashnikov Concern" rifle you linked to (#2), it's just a partially converted Saiga from a company with a dubious reputation. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, but by the time you finish converting the front-end (and replacing the parts from their rear-end conversion) it would probably have been easier and cheaper to have just (found and) bought a base Saiga and converted it yourself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, no one has any first-hand info on PSA's AKs. They discovered headspacing issues on their first batch and pulled them off the market. It's a shame because I was actually pretty excited about the barreled-receivers they were going to be selling. I'm actually surprised their supplier isn't back on line yet - it feels like it's been a while since they went away.

As far the the "Kalashnikov Concern" rifle you linked to (#2), it's just a partially converted Saiga from a company with a dubious reputation. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, but by the time you finish converting the front-end (and replacing the parts from their rear-end conversion) it would probably have been easier and cheaper to have just (found and) bought a base Saiga and converted it yourself.
View Quote

I forgot about the barreled receivers, I will buy one of those if the quality is there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top