Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2015 7:49:02 PM EDT
looking to spend $500 on an Ak so beat up and have it appear as one of the "battlefield pickups".

What's the best Rifle for this purpose?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
SAR-1

You are wanting ultimately an AKM if your desire is a 1970's 7.62x39 rifle.

For example:

1969 Tula - from the stottman collection
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
1976 Tula

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
WASR, soviet akm furniture, and then the driveway treatment is the best bet, you'll have to spend a little more than $500
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SAR-1
View Quote

That'd be my vote too. So far as I know everything on the rifle was literally patterned after the AKM. Romanian designation with the happy stuff was the md. 63.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WASR, soviet akm furniture, and then the driveway treatment is the best bet, you'll have to spend a little more than $500
View Quote

I have a wasr coming from atlantic but with the stupid side rail it will take more than a driveway treatment to be what the op wants
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
A Maadi would fit the bill nicely (Not a MISR 90 though). The Maadis have all the Soviet features. Although on a 500 budget a WASR would do but you get not dimples
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a wasr coming from atlantic but with the stupid side rail it will take more than a driveway treatment to be what the op wants
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The side rail is not incorrect for a 70s era AKM, just not that common. The rail first started appearing on "AKMN" rifles and was paired up with NSP-series starlight optic and extended flash hider, or early non-SVD POSP scope.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The side rail is not incorrect for a 70s era AKM, just not that common. The rail first started appearing on "AKMN" rifles and was paired up with NSP-series starlight optic and extended flash hider, or early non-SVD POSP scope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The type of side rail used on the WASR is a good bit different than the ones used on AKMN/Ls.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you wanting an AKM or an AK47?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top