Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/29/2015 6:33:59 PM EDT
Converting my first Ak. Saiga 7.62 bullet guide is installed. How much of the Mag catch lever has to be filed off? Seems like more than I expected. Just don't wanna take too much off.

Tks for and info
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I did this operation on my SGL-10. Go slowly with a narrow file and you'll be fine. Keep testing with a mag every couple of passes. If you have a variety of mags, it would be helpful.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Tks for the feedback. From what I'm able to find looks like about 1/16 is common to remove. Like u advised. Frequent mag checks. ????????
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely check frequently while doing this and go slow.

Otherwise you could take off too much, and then you'll be replacing the mag catch and (probably) starting all over filing on it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top