Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:59:29 PM EDT
Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on how to straighten this canted grenade launcher sight.  Is it a matter of turning the pin on the left side of the sight or will using a rubber mallet to try to knock it in to place work.  Since this controls the gas I want to be careful what I do.  I also wanted to run this buy you guys first before doing something that can't be undone.  Thank you in advance for your input.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
looks bent.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Small rubber mallet should do the trick.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy to suggest solutions, but this is the third duplicate post in three different sub-forums.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks bent.
Just bend it back. I'm pretty sure you won't be shooting grenades with it
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I could be wrong but I thought the gas block feature was disabled, should be easy to find out. Fire a mag with it up, if your weapon cycles then it's esthetic only, bend or mod away. If you have a single shot ak with it up, throw it in the trash and buy an ar.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could be wrong but I thought the gas block feature was disabled, should be easy to find out. Fire a mag with it up, if your weapon cycles then it's esthetic only, bend or mod away. If you have a single shot ak with it up, throw it in the trash and buy an ar.
View Quote

Don't know why he should get rid of it if it works correctly.  

From the pics it looks to be bent.  I think all you would have to do is bend it back.  Just be careful when doing it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a poke man. Worst case the front sight is pinned crooked, and the barrel was pressed into receiver anyway with the launcher sitting at an angle. This is un economic to fix. Best case it's just a little bent. Either way you can still verify if the gas valve is intact by firing with it up. Should act like a single shot. If it's been disabled,you'll notice no difference. Remove it if you like, pleanty of people do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just a poke man. Worst case the front sight is pinned crooked, and the barrel was pressed into receiver anyway with the launcher sitting at an angle. This is un economic to fix. Best case it's just a little bent. Either way you can still verify if the gas valve is intact by firing with it up. Should act like a single shot. If it's been disabled,you'll notice no difference. Remove it if you like, pleanty of people do.
View Quote

Understood!

Edit:  it kinda looks like the front sight base is canted a little in conjunction to the rear sight base.  I can't tell what the orientation of gasblock is though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Remove handguard upper at least. Tie string at the hole in top of sight hood, pull through rear notch in rear sight back to the end of the stock. Look down.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top