Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2015 11:48:19 AM EDT
I wasn't sure if I should post this here are in the Russian section, I thought it would get more views here so ...... I have a Vepr in 7.62 and would like to get it to take AK mags. I understand I need to install a bullet guide and maybe do something to the mag catch. Is there anything else? And more importantly are there any AK smiths out there I could send this to to have it done? I had my 223 Vepr converted to take AR mags by Definitive Arms and it tuned out awesome but they aren't taking any new work right now.  Any input would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I wasn't sure if I should post this here are in the Russian section, I thought it would get more views here so ...... I have a Vepr in 7.62 and would like to get it to take AK mags. I understand I need to install a bullet guide and maybe do something to the mag catch. Is there anything else? And more importantly are there any AK smiths out there I could send this to to have it done? I had my 223 Vepr converted to take AR mags by Definitive Arms and it tuned out awesome but they aren't taking any new work right now.  Any input would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.
View Quote

Yes you will need a bullet guide installed, Dinzag sells a good kit as does CSS and others. Lots of good AK smiths out there, but it's such a simple operation that any gunsmith locally should be able to do it just fine, actually any good machinist, you really only need a good drill press and some good quality taps since that Molot steel is super hard. You may have to file the mag catch a bit, you can take a look as you slowly try to insert a mag and see exactly where it's hitting, and just file a tiny amount at a time until the mag locks in.

No other mods are necessary to be able to use regular AK mags.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top