Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:40:56 PM EDT
Does anyone use a Magpul paraclip for the forward sling attachment point?  I currently use a mash hook and it's tearing up my polymer handgaurds.  I'm trying to find a better solution.  Any pictures would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Magpul MS3 slings with both my AKs. The paraclips don't seem to be wearing on my hand guards.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The paraclip doesn't mark up the handguard, at least a polymer bulgarian one, but the paraclip doesn't really like the front sling loop, it binds-up at certain angles. This is on a SAR-3, other nationality front sling loops might have more forgiving geometery.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The paraclip doesn't mark up the handguard, at least a polymer bulgarian one, but the paraclip doesn't really like the front sling loop, it binds-up at certain angles. This is on a SAR-3, other nationality front sling loops might have more forgiving geometery.
View Quote

This is for a Bulgarian SLR101s.  That's what I like about the mash hooks.  They don't bind up at all, but the loop is so big that it catches the handgaurd and wears down the plastic.

Blue force just released an AK sling that uses a cable, but I'd like the sling to stop as close to the hand guard as possible.  I use an Ares Husky Amentum Slider sling, so  the adjustment loop stays in my hand as I hold the hand guard.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The paraclips doesn't bind up on my SLR107's front sling loop
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I do.  Will try to get pic up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The paraclips doesn't bind up on my SLR107's front sling loop
View Quote

I may have to give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a sling quiet.

Simple,cheap,quiet, and very effective as i only use Russian slings.No rubbing on the HG.

Best $1.50 ever spent.Like them so much i bought 6 of them and have them on all of my AK's and SKS's

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196467
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
paraclip attached

hand guard showing no wear
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the pictures.  I think I'll give it a try.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top