Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2015 1:08:50 PM EDT
Hey guys I have a friend who's selling an Ak but need to know the date of manufacture before I can purchase it, it must be a pre-94 and I do not know too much about these. He currently live out of CT FYI. It is an all numbers matching side folder serial # is EE 38xxx.

Let's not turn this into a what is worth thread
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If the MFR on the gun says KASSNAR, it's a preban gun. If the MFR on the gun says KBI, it's a postban gun. When I say preban gun, I'm referring to the 89 ban that 99% of us are concerned with. Hope that helps.  GARY
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If you say side folder I would think that its a AMD your talking about. If it is AMD it would be post 94.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you say side folder I would think that its a AMD your talking about. If it is AMD it would be post 94.
View Quote

I have to double check with him as it may be an AMD, I don't know too much about  hungarian AK's. If it is I will be disappointed
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The serial number on FEGs is on the trunion. The 'EE' prefix is one found on the AMD65. It could have an FEG SA2000 receiver or a Nodak Spud. Definitely not pre-ban even though the original military guns were made in the '60s. Those machine guns were de-milled, receivers destroyed and the parts imported in the last 20 years. Several companies rebuilt them on USA or FEG receivers imported as single-stack and converted to double-stack. Since the guns are re-manufactured, they carry the new manufacture date and cannot be pre-ban (made prior to the AWB of 1994). Too bad you can't have one as they are pretty neat. They sell for about $500.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
as far as i know, the date code hasn't been deciphered, even if one exists
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top