User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Tacked Pay it Forward (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/9/2014 4:28:54 AM EDT
There is a PIF thread over in the retro section that has been going on for a very long time and there is also a new one in the A2 section. It's a great way to help each other out and bring members together, so I thought why not have one for the AK/SKS forum.

The rules are pretty much unwritten there but I'll put them down here for anyone unfamiliar.

Someone posts an item and someone that needs it politely claims it.

Please refrain from requesting items not posted and offering items for trade.

Please find something to pay forward if you claim something, it's understandable that some may be new to the hobby and not have anything to offer immediately, but there is the occasional "drive-by" person that takes with no intent of giving... Don't be that guy.

Being a 'pay it forward' thread the person to offer the item generally pays for shipping but that's up to them.

I'll start by putting up some SKS stripper clips, I have two handy and a few more somewhere, I'll do some digging to see if I can find them.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#2]
I have a couple more of the ten-round limiter wires for 30 round mags, and one for a 40 rounder (all for 7.62x39 mags). These should go to somebody in a ban state as the rest of us really don't need them. They'll fit in a letter-sized envelope, so i'll spring for the small amount of postage too.

ETA: Had it backwards, got two of the limiters for 40 rounders, and one for a 30.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a surplus Yugo M70 grip that I got from Apex a while ago.  I've since sold my Yugo (dumb...) and this was an extra.

If you'd like it, then PM me you information.  First person to PM gets it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an ak parts kit. dont know nothing about it, gonna go pick it up in a day or 2..or 3 but i saw this pay it forward thing and i wanna give it to someone who cant afford a kit. I wanted to use this to build my first ak (my first build from parts rather). I want to do something nice.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigSaiga1987:
I have an ak parts kit. dont know nothing about it, gonna go pick it up in a day or 2..or 3 but i saw this pay it forward thing and i wanna give it to someone who cant afford a kit. I wanted to use this to build my first ak (my first build from parts rather). I want to do something nice.
View Quote

That is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cobrasdh] [#6]
PM sent BigSaiga
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
IM sent to Sputnik556
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By testguy111:
IM sent to Sputnik556
View Quote

SKS stripper clips are yours. Reply sent.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a MI rail that's missing the screws that hold it to the barrel. I can post a picture of it as soon as my photobucket stops being stupid. First one to PM me gets it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:39:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raider74] [#10]
Tried to PM and it says not accepting pm's.  Was able to get the PM to go through.

Cheers and thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, PM sent and went through as well as email.  I'll take the rail off your hands.  What info do you need from me.

Cheers and thank you.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a UF Stock - Bulgarian I believe.  Just the stock - no other hardware.  Shoot me an IM if you want it - First IM gets it..  Picture below

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tbr1806] [#13]
Anyone looking for a chinese FSB off of a mak90 (orignial sporting version no cut out for cleaning rod at the bottom)

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:56:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogfacepappy] [#14]
***Sent to Valentino***

AK rivets including the one for the center support (For Polish builds I believe)

Free to an owner of a rivetless virgin receiver who needs a kick in the pants to get motivated on their AK build.

First "I'll take it gets it". Just IM me your address after you post. Stand by for more AK stuff freebies.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#15]
This needs a bump, I'll see if I have anything else to offer up when I get back home.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got some wire mag limiters out of my Bakelite mags for a friend in a ban state.  They slip inside a 30rd mag and limit the capacity to 10.  IM me shipping info if you need these, I think I have 3 or 4.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:50:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Valintino] [#17]

Originally Posted By dogfacepappy:

AK rivets including the one for the center support (For Polish builds I believe)
Free to an owner of a rivetless virgin receiver who needs a kick in the pants to get motivated on their AK build.
First "I'll take it gets it". Just IM me your address after you post. Stand by for more AK stuff freebies.
View Quote

I'll take the AK rivets. I'm seriously contemplating building an AK by myself. Gonna hit up NoDak Spud for a receiver and look for a parts kit.

In the meantime, I'm gonna have to find a good trash can. Any suggestions? I'm thinking along the lines of a tin one.

Edit: IM sent

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Valintino:

I'll take the AK rivets. I'm seriously contemplating building an AK by myself. Gonna hit up NoDak Spud for a receiver and look for a parts kit.

In the meantime, I'm gonna have to find a good trash can. Any suggestions? I'm thinking along the lines of a tin one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They're yours.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#19]

They're yours.
View All Quotes

They're yours.

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:
I've got some wire mag limiters out of my Bakelite mags for a friend in a ban state.  They slip inside a 30rd mag and limit the capacity to 10.  IM me shipping info if you need these, I think I have 3 or 4.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tbr1806:
Anyone looking for a chinese FSB off of a mak90 (orignial sporting version no cut out for cleaning rod at the bottom)

View Quote

FSB is going to "Askari"
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mech4matsnova] [#22]

IM sent
View All Quotes

IM sent

You got it.

When I get home I'm going through my take off bin and updating here.  I know I have some stuff someone else wants/needs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mech4matsnova] [#23]
More stuff, IM if you want/need it.

1. UTG rail for tight tolerance WASR, some scratches but is useable, probably 80%
2. Solar Tactical mag funnel I filed it a bit on the inside to fit my rifle but should work just fine.
both to stolenheron
3. TDI finger groove grip, no screw, very good
4. Yugo grip, no screw, good
5. Bulgarian grip, no screw, very good pif to MuteJosh
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stolenheron] [#24]
More stuff, IM if you want/need it.

<a href="http://s258.photobucket.com/user/mech4matsnova/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150210_171410_zpsa95e01f9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh271/mech4matsnova/Mobile%20Uploads/20150210_171410_zpsa95e01f9.jpg</a>

1. UTG rail for tight tolerance WASR, some scratches but is useable, probably 80%
2. Solar Tactical mag funnel I filed it a bit on the inside to fit my rifle but should work just fine.
3. TDI finger groove grip, no screw, very good
4. Yugo grip, no screw, good
5. Bulgarian grip, no screw, very good
View Quote

I'll take the UTG rail and Solar Tactical mag funnel if you still have it. sending IM in a minute.

claim it in thread publicly then IM me.  (I dont check this thread too often but I will see it in my IM's instantly)
In return I put up an AK Pmag.  Some wear near the feed lips from fitting into my wasr's tight magwell.  Only been used for 2 mag (slow) dumps then set back into my stack, works fine. stock photo (not actual mag)

PMAG TO D_CRISIS
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:42:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_CRISIS] [#25]
I'll take the pmag.  Sending IM. I don't have much in spare AK bits yet.  I'll throw up a front sight post from my Yugo and a tapco translucent yellow green front sight post. I'll look to see if I have anything else.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:43:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stolenheron] [#26]
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:
I'll take the pmag.  Sending IM. I don't have much in spare AK bits yet.  I'll throw up a front sight post from my Yugo and a tapco translucent yellow green front sight post. I'll look to see if I have anything else.
View Quote

PMAG to D_CRISIS
shipped it out today 2/12/15
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#27]
quick bump! I'd like to see this as active as the RETRO section's PIF thread!
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:25:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By stolenheron:

PMAG to D_CRISIS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stolenheron:
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:

PMAG to D_CRISIS

I got it today, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Askari] [#29]
I like the thought of this thread. I received the Chinese fsb from Tbr1806. I am working on a Type 56 spiker clone and this should help out. Anyway back to the pay it forward. I have a tapco (I think) saw style pistol grip and mounting screw. It's black and in pretty good shape.Let me know if anyone needs it.

Edit. I work odd shifts so it may take a bit for me to get back to you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#30]
received the parts today from mach4matsnova. thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#31]
bump!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Askari:
I like the thought of this thread. I received the Chinese fsb from Tbr1806. I am working on a Type 56 spiker clone and this should help out. Anyway back to the pay it forward. I have a tapco (I think) saw style pistol grip and mounting screw. It's black and in pretty good shape.Let me know if anyone needs it.

View Quote

I'd like to have your saw grip if no one else has spoken for it.  I'll send you a Pm and you can get back to me when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mo_mauser:

I'd like to have your saw grip if no one else has spoken for it.  I'll send you a Pm and you can get back to me when you get a chance.
View All Quotes

Its yours. Send me another pm with your shipping information. I will send out this week.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#34]
PM sent.  Now to dig in the parts bin for ak stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Its yours. Send me another pm with your shipping information. I will send out this week.
View All Quotes

Grip was in the mail today and is already on my rifle.  Thanks Askari!

I didn't have anything in the junk box but I'm adding an extra sling to this weekends order if anyone wants it?  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#36]

I didn't have anything in the junk box but I'm adding an extra sling to this weekends order if anyone wants it?  
View All Quotes

I'll Take the sling if nobody has claimed it, I have a WASR 10  that needs one. PM sent mo_mauser. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cobra45:

I'll Take the sling if nobody has claimed it, I have a WASR 10  that needs one. PM sent mo_mauser. Thanks
View All Quotes

Got your PM.   Cobra it's yours.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I will find something to post up this weekend
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Hungarian Wood pistol grip up for grabs, it is missing the metal grip ferrule.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I can use the Hungarian wood grip if you still have it. I pm'ed you
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ScarLover:
View Quote

Its your's, mailed out today!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:38:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tbr1806] [#42]
I have another Chinese FSB to give away (no cleaning rod fangs)

and also a (what I belive to be russian) leather surplus sling

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:18:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cobra45] [#43]
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:59:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogfacepappy] [#44]

I was just browsing the EE and see my old Hungarian grip for sale and no additions from ScarLover to the Pay it forward thread, Sad day
View All Quotes

I was just browsing the EE and see my old Hungarian grip for sale and no additions from ScarLover to the Pay it forward thread, Sad day

No kiddin'?

Wow, just wow....

ETA: Can we get  SITE STAFF to weigh in on this?  Not that I am trying to be a hall monitor, but this kind of shit can really muck up our future PIF efforts on ARFCOM, especially if Ed Sr sees enough of these happenings.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:40:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScarLover] [#46]
Everybody knows what assuming does right??

Here is the grip you sent me.  I just got done sanding and refinishing it a few days ago

And just put it on this

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:34:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cobra45] [#47]
OK, Pardon me.
I was looking on EE and you had a few grips including one that looks just like what I sent.  Nice Looking Milled AK! Turned out well!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, looks like everything is still hunky dory in the neighborhood.

Anyone bring VODKA?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#49]
OK, Pardon me.
I was looking on EE and you had a few grips including one that looks just like what I sent. If wrong I will edit my Post, and once I shipped it, Its yours and it does not matter if you use or sell it. I was hoping you where going to pay forward another item So Another member in need could receive something and keep the chain flowing.
View Quote

Yes the grip you sent me ( thank you) happened to be the one I decided to stain plum. Actually dye plum. The other is a harder wood that doesn't want to take the dye as well as the one I got from you. It actually turned out great. But was a lot of work. Has about 8 coats of poly on it.
As far as paying it forward, well to be honest I forgot all about the thread. I couldn't even recall where the grip came from when it arrived. Lol. I was like " where the hell did this come from" I couldn't remember buying it ( I had bought a bunch of stuff the week before). But yea, like I said, I just didn't even think about it. But I do want to offer up a few things, that was my intention in the first place. I'll figure out what and post it soon now that I'm thinking about it.
As far as your post goes you do what you feel is right.  Before you decided to pass judgement and posted comments that are both false and embarrassing you didn't even send me a message to ask if what you assumed was even accurate. I would suggest that if in the future you feel the need to pass judgement on someone, that you put at least a little effort to be sure you have your facts straight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScarLover] [#50]
Okay guys I have a few items I'm offering up to anyone who needs them.

1. Single point TAG #3 bungee sling. Used but in good shape
2. AK slant break with 14x1 RH threads
3.aimpoint M4 mount spacer. This is actually a ARMS that was milled to fit properly in a CompM4 mount. And it does, perfectly
4. 4 new surfire batteries
5. A set of 30mm to 1" ring reducers for a scope mount

Please all takers EMAIL me. Thank you
Don't have a pic of the slant break but it's a typical slant break, just has RH threads.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Tacked Pay it Forward (Page 1 of 3)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top