Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 2:36:48 PM EDT
Legion has imported two variants from Russian accessory manufacturer 'Lynx'.

https://www.legionusa.com/lynx-arms-ak-1-buttstock-adapter.html

https://www.legionusa.com/lynx-arms-ak-2-buttstock-adapter.html

Also interesting is some new type of handguard I've never seen before. Not sure if it's a Lynx product.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been designing a similar part. From my own experiments, I can say the first one won't be able to fold even close to all the way, and the second is questionable.

The issue is that the buffer tube is much wider than the AK-100 stock.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. Not that I personally want to out an AR stock on my rifle, but it will open the door for some other mods.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it still fold to the side?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been designing a similar part. From my own experiments, I can say the first one won't be able to fold even close to all the way, and the second is questionable.

View Quote

I don't think the point is to fold the stock assembly closed. It's just to allow M4 type stocks to be used on an AK.

Even if it could close, there's no provision for the latch to hold it in place.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think the point is to fold the stock assembly closed. It's just to allow M4 type stocks to be used on an AK.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think if people spent the extra cash on a folder, most are still going to want it to fold.  It's easy to make it do both, so I don't see why they wouldn't.  And adding a way to make it stay in the folded position is pretty simple, I have a couple ideas for that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The concept is interesting, an M4 stock adapter for a folding stock AK that doesn't fold.....it's like everyone in Russia wants "American" stuff and Americans want the "Russian" stuff......everyone wants what the other guy's got.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top