Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2014 9:43:57 AM EDT
Ok guys I just got a brand new Romanian wasr 10 never shot. It was passed down to me by my grandfather. It's just a WASR-10. The SN is x-xxxxx-02. Does this mean the rifle was made in 02? Also is 02 a good year for the wasr-10? Heard the older ones were built poorly but the new ones are good. Thanks for any help

Michael
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of WASR 10 info.........

http://wasr-10.com/
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
a useless link for the info i need, i dont need to buy something and im not trying to wait 2 months for a reply, the sooner the better.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Many times that year indicates the year the gun was built as a Romy military weapon. When they get rid of it, the auto receiver is destroyed, & the remaining parts are assembled on a semi receiver & sent to Century in the States. GARY
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a useless link for the info i need, i dont need to buy something and im not trying to wait 2 months for a reply, the sooner the better.
View Quote

Ask on AKFILES

You will fit in great over there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry, i just hate it when people post links where the link has no answer to my question and the forums suck, i came here for a reason, the forums looked active. like please dont post on my thread if it doesnt help me answer a question i have, thats what forums are for right? thanks Gary for ur info, appreciate it i have already seen the wasr 10 sight, its probably one of the first sight new wasr 10 owners go to, obliviously because it says wasr 10. and when u put .... looks like ur saying hey retard ever think about looking up a sight for the gun you own??? i mean come on really?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Take your approach and do the opposite.  I don't mean that sarcastically.

Sometimes meaning is lost in translation when people post.  When in doubt about someone's intent just be polite.  You'll get better returns on that investment.

The people with the most information on this site are generally the quickest to completely ignore your current approach.  Just a word of advice.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

sorry, i just hate it when people post links where the link has no answer to my question and the forums suck, i came here for a reason, the forums looked active. like please dont post on my thread if it doesnt help me answer a question i have, thats what forums are for right? thanks Gary for ur info, appreciate it i have already seen the wasr 10 sight, its probably one of the first sight new wasr 10 owners go to, obliviously because it says wasr 10. and when u put .... looks like ur saying hey retard ever think about looking up a sight for the gun you own??? i mean come on really?

View Quote
Why don't you call the importer Century Arms?

i mean come on really?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
got a picture of the numbers
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok guys I just got a brand new Romanian wasr 10 never shot. It was passed down to me by my grandfather. It's just a WASR-10. The SN is x-xxxxx-02. Does this mean the rifle was made in 02? Also is 02 a good year for the wasr-10? Heard the older ones were built poorly but the new ones are good. Thanks for any help

Michael
View Quote

I can't tell you when that rifle was built, but if it was passed down to you from your grandfather I'm guessing he didn't buy it in the last year or two. So presumably it was built in the older "bad WASR" era. However, that distinction really only has meaning if you're buying/selling sight-unseen. You have the benefit of having the rifle in your hands, so you're in the best position to gauge it's quality. Do the barrel and front trunion line-up with the receiver? Are the sights and gas block straight? Are there rough tooling marks on the machined pieces? I assume you got one or more magazines - do they lock-in securely? How does the finish look?

The year of manufacture is suggestive of quality, but the actual rifle is dispositive.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Regardless of when it was ... whatever, its a WASR, not gonna be worth a fortune.

Best get out and shoot it, see how it works, and go from there.  

Congrats on the new gun!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Michael
View Quote

Yes, you are correct in your assumptions. It was made in 2002, and FSB and GB are often canted, and the magwell is probably very poorly dremeled out and you'll have a lot of mag wobble, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top