Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2014 5:20:43 PM EDT
I was looking for the rimfire AK subfolder like in the AR-15 folder but couldn't find one so I posted this here. If I missed it, mods please move this.
Anyone have anymore information on this?

chiappa rimfire ak

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]

the gun looks cool though
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is actually an AK, like the WASR22, I'd be down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well it looks just like the Romanian .22's. Even has the same top cover.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found the web page.  Since OP gave us a dead link.  Basically a copy of the WASR22 done in Italy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, looks better than the GSG copy . BTW weren't the WASR 22s heavily unreliable? Hope that isn't the case with this one and that they actually offer some higher cap mags other than the 10rounder.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Found the web page.  Since OP gave us a dead link.  Basically a copy of the WASR22 done in Italy.
View Quote

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, looks better than the GSG copy . BTW weren't the WASR 22s heavily unreliable? Hope that isn't the case with this one and that they actually offer some higher cap mags other than the 10rounder.
View Quote

Chiappa brand does not inspire much confidence.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a WASR-22 and that one looks almost identical to it, down to the magazine. Looks like they're using the Cugir 10rd magazines which have a sheet metal screw on the right side.

WASR-22s may be unreliable at first, but with some tweaks they work fine. Mine had issues of jamming with spent cases, so I replaced the top cover with a standard AKM top cover and that cut down on most jams. Inserted a $1 rubber plug from Lowe's into the gas piston hole and that stopped any loose casings going down there.

Overall I enjoy my 22 AK. Had been hoping for Saiga to export their 22 AK to America, but only looked like that British got it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd own one.

Wonder if the ar mag adapter would fit, then I can use my black dog mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I want one
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Black Dog Machine seems to have decent support for the WASR 22.

Currently they have 30rd magazines, smoke and black. Usually around $25, but can be found for less or with discounts.

On another forum, BDM has mentioned they're working on some parts kits for the bolt. There are some parts, ie the extractor, that are hard to find or come from the factory damaged.

Be aware if you do a search on ebay, there is a seller that tries to sell WASR 22 bolt parts, but never mails them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet, I would be in for a 22 AK.  I was going to get the GSG, but went for an OPAP instead.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been wanting a decent .22 AK for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Izhmash showed one in Germany at the show in Nuremberg three or four years ago.  I remember seeing that picture in Shooting Industry Magazine.  Something tells me if the Russians make it,it will work.  On another note speaking of AK 22's, I've always wanted an East German KK MPi-69.  Wish someone in Germany made a semi auto copy of that one today.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top