Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 7:23:36 AM EDT
I was just doing some AK shopping and browsing, most likely for an Arsenal.

I know the general consensus here is that Atlantic Firearms is great and folks seem to swear by them.  I order an AK through them just over a year ago and was very happy with the result.  I was wondering if there were any other vendors that had an equally good and trustworthy reputation?  How about K-Var?  Any word on them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was just doing some AK shopping and browsing, most likely for an Arsenal.

I know the general consensus here is that Atlantic Firearms is great and folks seem to swear by them.  I order an AK through them just over a year ago and was very happy with the result.  I was wondering if there were any other vendors that had an equally good and trustworthy reputation?  How about K-Var?  Any word on them?

Thanks!
View Quote

K-Var is the primary outlet for anything Arsenal. They're GTG. As far as other vendors, there's an entire list of industry partners on the site that cater to AK stuff. Other than that, companies that I've had good dealing with are (off the top of my head):

CenterfireSystems
Copes Distributing
Apex Gun Parts
Aim Surplus
JG Sales
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had good dealings with the following

Centerfire systems (really like these guys)
JG sales
AIM surplus (also really like these guys)
Classic Arms
Mississippi Auto Arms
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I purchased my SLR107 from Atlantic Firearms and had 0 problems.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
AIM surplus- my go-to guys, I always check with them first, rifles and ammo/accessories
Centerfire

For accessories and ammo:

Primary Arms
SGammo
Palmetto State Armory
Apex Gun Parts
CNC Warrior
JoeBob Outfitters
Csspecs

and lots of good small vendors out there. The EE here on arfcom is an awesome resource for parts and rifles.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Atlantic Firearms is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had a great experience with AIM, Centerfire, JG Sales and Atlantic.  Although JG Sales does take some of the accessories included with the rifle, their prices sometimes make up for it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Just purchased a SGL31 from Atlantic Firearms.  Great to work with, very helpful customer service. The rifle is great but Atlantic is just a really great vendor to work with, I'd go back to them in a heartbeat (actually, in all likelyhood, probably sooner than later).
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard to believe no one has mentioned Carolina Shooters Supply yet, one of the very best in the business for parts/accessories.

I'll also add LegionUSA to the list.  Excellent for both firearms and hard to find accessories.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Aim surplus (top notch company)
Apex
Kvar (shipping can take a little long)
J& g sales
Carolina shooters supply
Midway
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to believe no one has mentioned Carolina Shooters Supply yet, one of the very best in the business for parts/accessories.

I'll also add LegionUSA to the list.  Excellent for both firearms and hard to find accessories.  
View Quote

Forgot about CSS, they are a good vendor with an awesome selection of AK stuff.

Also forgot to mention JSE surplus, they have way more AR stuff, but they do carry AK parts and have good prices and outstanding service.

Copes Distributing sometimes has good deals, just bought a couple of nice yugo pouches at a great price and with free shipping.

Alex at russiansurplus.net is a good guy and an arfcommer, he makes some good deals at times and ships fast.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Sg is awesome for ammo always

Atlantic is good for anything, aim is also one of the best IMO

Id look at Atlantic of you want an AK

I just bought a vepr from atlantic
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to everyone for chiming in.  That helps a lot.  Finding vendors to purchase from is one thing, but finding ones that folks trust implicitly, had really positive experiences with, and swear by is really valuable to know.  Happy customers say good things, angry ones say bad things and swear a lot
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Some overlap on this list but I think I have a couple not mentioned.

AIMsurplus
Kentucky Gun Company
SGammo
Palmetto State Armory
Apex
Carolina Shooters Supply
Optics Planet
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Atlantic took very good care of me
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#15]
not model1
psa if you're YOUNG and aren't in a hurry

stick to
brownells
midwayusa
site sponsors other than psa
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I got my most recent Arsenal  from K-Var and was very impressed with the service. The rifle shipped the same day.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top