Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 6:34:05 PM EDT
Hi All,
Picked up an AKM bayonet off of Ebay the other day. Scabbard is east german and the hangar is Romanian... although put together by a dude on a three martini lunch (look at the rivets).

I think the bayonet may be a Romanian. No serials - Triangle F 26 stamp, with some sort of X inspector stamp, maybe? I checked Martin's book but can't figure it out. Ideas?

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Although I don't have it right in front of me at the moment, it looks a lot like an old Soviet bayonet that I have. Not sure though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Going by the colour of the bayonet I would say its a Polish type 1, as it looks pretty orange like the one on the right in the pic below.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, at first I thought Russian, then Polish too - I am not so sure now though, as there is no stamped serial number and the triangle stamp with F and 2? isn't indicative of the Polish manufacture.

I have been looking all over the internet... Maybe a Romanian Re-Work? Check the color on the 7th picture down.

Hmmmmm... I am stumped.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
One last bump! (in case there is an expert lurking!)

Thanks everyone!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top