User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2013 10:53:42 AM EDT
I have never had a 556 AK

This one is an underfolder

Found one

with box, three mags and all accessories

Great rifles, but mags are rare and pricey when you find them from what I have read

Shooter? or Safe queen?

thx

I edited out your price check since they are not allowed in this forum.  -   dalesimpson
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
PolyTech 5.56 AKs are not a good deal. Mainly because you can only use Poytech magazines. You can't use Norinco, Bulgarian, Polish, or Yugo mags in it. The Polytech mags are very hard to come by and are ridiculously expensive. I wouldn't buy it. If you really want a 5.56 AK get a Bulgarian SLR-106 which should be cheaper and have more readily available parts.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PolyTech 5.56 AKs are not a good deal. Mainly because you can only use Poytech magazines. You can't use Norinco, Bulgarian, Polish, or Yugo mags in it. The Polytech mags are very hard to come by and are ridiculously expensive. I wouldn't buy it. If you really want a 5.56 AK get a Bulgarian SLR-106 which should be cheaper and have more readily available parts.

Just my 2 cents.
View Quote

^+1
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Had one, it jams every other 2 or 3 mags.  Traded it for a Saiga-12...
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
thx

sorrry about the pc

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
if it comes with three real Polytech mags, how many more do you really need?  They cost between $80 and $120 each. I had a RPK version and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

if it comes with three real Polytech mags, how many more do you really need?  They cost between $80 and $120 each. I had a RPK version and it worked fine.
View Quote

minimum of 10 per rifle, but that's my standards.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a HD/SHTF/Zombie/Commie gun, sure. But from a collector standpoint enough mags to fill a period correct pouch is perfect.

Although, like you said, everyone has their own standards.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Past  Present Future,  P A S S
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Norinco 84s with 6 mags and love it. I bought it with the understanding that those 6 mags will probably be all I ever have and I am oh with it. Mine isn't a safe queen, but it also isn't my SHTF rifle. I have never had an issue with it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
sold my 84s to get another SLR106fr

commonality of mags was the main reason as I have several Arsenal 5.56 AK's

the norinco was a great rifle with no problems but I also found myself babying it and the mags were expensive I had 13 30rd and sold the rifle for $1100 with 3 mags and the rest of the mags sold for $60ea.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 5 Polytech 223 mags and no rifle for them. I bought them thinking they would work on my M85. I was wrong.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top