Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/24/2013 8:44:46 AM EDT
Considering picking up another AK. I'm basically just wondering if this is a good time to buy or should I wait another couple of months to see if prices drop anymore? I was leaning more towards the N-PAP but, I've noticed the O's are fairly popular on here. Is that because of the heavier reciever and lower price point?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Within the last 30 minutes, the O-PAP's price at J&G jumped from $599 to $899.

So......
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So......
View Quote

Just noticed that when I signed in to check on the status of my order placed yesterday.  It could be a system glitch.  If not, a great deal has ended.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just noticed that when I signed in to check on the status of my order placed yesterday.  It could be a system glitch.  If not, a great deal has ended.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So......

Just checked, back down to 599. That scary there for a sec.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So, the better rifle is the O-PAP?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, the better rifle is the O-PAP?
View Quote

The O-PAP is the way to go. A great rifle at a great price. There will come a day when we all talk about the good old OPAP days. Do it!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a Yugo/Serb AK expert but here's my take.  People like the O-PAP because of the thicker receiver and trunnion and the double stack bolt.  Other versions have come with single stack bolts and some have had a rail on the receiver cover.  The lower price at J&G has also helped people decide to go with the O-PAP.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
when i first started interest in ak it was during 94-04 ban. the dream of an all "fill in blank" made rifle, filled my mind! i bought a $179 saiga from cdnn, but wanted a folding stock, bayonet, and flash hider. all the illegal evil features only on pre 89 imports!

( i have owned saiga 7.62&12, maadi x2, mak90 x2,wasr, sar1, yugo m70ab2 & m92. nothing like a 100% yugo for the warm and fuzzies and you can only get that with pre 89 or pistol.)

flash forward, i just got an m92! and they are every where. 100% yugo krinkov clone , usually under 1k no brainer!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Can someone tell me the thread pitch for these rifles? I read on a N-PAP review they were 17mmLH? Is that true? Posted this Q in the Yugo section but, didnt get a reply.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me the thread pitch for these rifles? I read on a N-PAP review they were 17mmLH? Is that true? Posted this Q in the Yugo section but, didnt get a reply.

View Quote

Standard AKM 14x1 LH
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you sir.

I'll give it some thought tonight and decide tomorrow if I'm going to pick one up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, one last question. Are the Yugo rear sights the same as other AKs? I'd like to put a Rifle Dynamics rear sight on there if I get one.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top