Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2012 4:57:51 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy an AK from Bud's Gun Shop and they won't ship a rifle that's packaged with a 30rd magazine to Maryland. Silly law we can possess them but not shipped. They have an AK that's a "California Compliant AK47?" What does that mean? I google it and did a search on ARFcom but didn't find the specs?

Does that mean a 10 rd non detachable mag?

For you guys in CA....am I able to convert it to a detachable mag?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It probably has a bullet button on it.  Basically you need to use a tool to remove the magazine.

May not have a threaded barrel or bayonet lug either.

What are you trying to buy?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It probably has a bullet button on it.  Basically you need to use a tool to remove the magazine.

May not have a threaded barrel or bayonet lug either.

What are you trying to buy?

anything thats CA compliant i guess
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
For and AK in Cal it needs a bullet button and 10 round mag.
The mag lock/bullet button is removeable with a few small screws.

Some companies like Arsenal make one with a funky mag lock that is a permanent change.
Could you please post a link?

Drewmans
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm looking to buy an AK from Bud's Gun Shop and they won't ship a rifle that's packaged with a 30rd magazine to Maryland. Silly law we can possess them but not shipped. They have an AK that's a "California Compliant AK47?" What does that mean? I google it and did a search on ARFcom but didn't find the specs?

Tell them to keep the mag....

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell them to keep the mag....

I've already tried thats its probably a cheapo Tapco 30rd mag at that. Apparently its the company policy not to remove the mag. It would make my life a whole lot easier but its not that easy for them
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some companies like Arsenal make one with a funky mag lock that is a permanent change.

Drewmans

so basically the only thing that makes it CA is the bullet button that I can remove. then I can use my other mags. Thats not bad!

thank you!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drewmans

so basically the only thing that makes it CA is the bullet button that I can remove. then I can use my other mags. Thats not bad!

thank you!!

It really depends what exactly you're looking to buy.  Some CA compliant stuff is more extreme than a bullet button,  Plus other vendors might be willing to just remove the 30 round mag from the box,
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
You can also go with one of these instead of a bullet button, the funky paddle that attaches to your grip to keep you from obtaining a "wrap around grip"

http://solartactical.com/AK-SAIGA-SERIES_c34.htm

also allows you to use pre-ban normal capacity mags, but that doesn't really help you out as far as them shipping without the magazine.

maybe you could have one of those shipped to them and ask them to ship you the magazine separately, in pieces, or just keep it? don't know why they're refusing to remove the mag.

solar tactical also sells a magazine block that restricts a 30rd mag to 10rd. if you could get them to install that, it'd be good to go.

or just buy it from someone like atlantic that has ready to go ca legal guns.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top