Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2012 4:05:10 PM EDT
Does anyone have an opinion on the U.S. made floor plates and followers for the M-47W magazines from Kvar? Are they pretty much identical to the Bulgarian parts or just close?

After going back and forth, I've finally decided on the Bulgarian birdcage flash hider for my SGL-21's. That takes my parts count from 9 up to 10. Since I don't plan on adding any other foreign parts I guess it doesn't matter but ......

Thanks,

Lou
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is I have never had a problem with the KVAR M-47 mags.  They seem well made and function flawlessly. I buy them when I can.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I like them too. Wish they were cheaper. I was just debating getting the U.S. made parts for my existing ones and any future ones.

Lou
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used the Kvar followers. No issues.

I own some of the floorplates, but haven't really used them.  The finish on the Kvar floorplates is different than the Bulgarian ones.  The Kvar ones look blued to me.  They also seemed to fit slightly looser than the Bulgarian floorplates.
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#4]
At one point I converted all of my bulgy waffles to K-var’s US followers and floorplates for 922r compliance in a mak-90 in which I kept the original FCG.  I’ve long since changed out the FCG but I haven’t bothered to change back the mags.   I have never had a single problem with the mags on both the mak-90 and my SGL21.
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, they're good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. It sounds knida like the U.S. made Bulgarian Birdcage I tried, they work ok but they have a blue finish and machining not the same and fit not as good.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top