Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 11:46:11 AM EDT
This really isn't a big deal.....just curious.

I sent an email off to Arsenal asking about some information about the SAS M-7 I bought recently. I sent them the serial number and asked what year it was made and how many were produced.

Here is what they sent back:
It was made in Feb. 2008.  The number that were produced is not disclosed.

XXXXXX
Arsenal Inc.
Customer Service

You think they really don't know? Would there be reason they couldn't tell me how many were produced if they knew?

Again... not a big deal. Just curious.

Thanks all!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They play the "limited production" game with everything.  If people actually knew how many they made it would make it more difficult for them to play this game.

If they didn't have detailed records of how many they made, the ATF would shut their asses down in a heartbeat.  I'm sure they know how many they made.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This really isn't a big deal.....just curious.

Here is what they sent back:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']It was made in Feb. 2008.  

Don't they stamp dates on those milled receivers?  GARY  N4KVE

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
They just don't want that information to be public for whatever reason. They know how many were made
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The only markings I saw were:

Arsenals name
SAS M-7
Serial number: AD 05 01XX
7.62x39
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
In Arsenal’s defense, I think you’ll find that most gun manufacturers (that are not public companies) will be hesitant to publicly disclose the exact number of rifles they have made and/or sold.  There are several reasons for this, some of which have to do with legitimate competitive concerns.

Ask Century Arms how many WASR’s they imported and sold last year, and I’ll bet they won’t tell you, either.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The only markings I saw were:

Arsenals name
SAS M-7
Serial number: AD 05 01XX
7.62x39

05 is when the receiver was made.  When it was assembled into a rifle and shipped out would be the date Arsenal gave you.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top