Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:24:14 PM EDT
With a regular length barrel, and hand guard/forearm that extends nearly to the muzzle maybe with a rear aperture sight that sits to the rear of the dust cover. Maybe even somebody could mock up a photo shop with extended Ultimak top/bottom railed forearm. I was also thinking one might look nice with a magpul rifle length MOE forearm and no handguard similar to a saiga sporter.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Im more confused than a blind lesbian in a fish market
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't really see the point.  The idea behind the dissipator AR's is to get a rifle length sight radius on a carbine length weapon.  All you'd really have to do to pull this off is to use a TWS gen 2 rail with the peep sight, or a tech sights top cover.

Or are you just wanting a really long handguard?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Really? You have to make that analogy?

To the OP: The AR-15 dissipator was based on the principle of M4 barrel length, M16 sight radius. On an AK, there is no 'rifle length'  big brother to borrow parts from. And the front sight is already as far forward as it can be. Add a tech sight and you have the maximum possible sight radius for the weapon. If the existing handguard isn't enough, Ultimak (and now MI) sell extended handguards, or you can mount a VFG/offset VFG.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

At it again huh? You made the faces of meth comment about some pics I posted.

I thought this childish behavior wasnt allowed in technical areas.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I raffed

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I mean a really long forearm and maybe hanguard. Somethink that leaves only about 2 inches of barrel protruding. Removing the front sight and placing a folding front sight would be an option. I wish I were good at photoshop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was that? You might have a different person unless you got proof because that does not ring a bell. Either way, sorry if that was offensive to anyone, just didnt know what he was talking about, but kinda/sorta might had a clue.

anyway, OP: Do they even make a rail as long as you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was that? You have a different person unless you got proof because that does not ring a bell

anyway, OP: Do they even make a rail as long as you speak of?

Not that I'm aware of but I have seen some pretty one of a kind aks on this sight. That's why I got to thinking this. I like my Ak but the forearm is too small and close to the magwell. I much prefer the rifle length hanguard on my ARs.

Anyway if somebody reads this and wants to start making them id be happy to do atest/eval

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sure this is the longest ive seen a rail on any AK but this is also a SBR draco and not just an AK. You could also try to work out something with the buttstock to increase the LoP or something

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pretty sure this is the longest ive seen a rail on any AK but this is also a SBR draco and not just an AK. You could also try to work out something with the buttstock to increase the LoP or something

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff157/scocor83/draco2-1.jpg

That's exactly what I had in mind only for a 16 inch Ak.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that Red Jacket integrally suppressed AK has some super long handguard on it.  Also has a peep sight at the rear of the top cover.

Heres a pic..

Expensive as hell rifle.  Perhaps they could whip something similar up without the suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Get a railed top cover and add some sights...check out the optics forum.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#13]
My build has the rail covering the gas block, but it's not a 16":

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Paratrooper PSL?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#15]

OK, I can live with that............
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this is allowed, the original joke, which most likely offended nobody, would be too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess you guys dont smile or laugh when you are at work either right? Strictly business huh?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess you guys dont smile or laugh when you are at work either right? Strictly business huh?

I asked the mods to look at my closed thread since you conviently forgot your ignorant behavior in my closed thread.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Apologies to the OP.  Please repost this if you wish.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top