Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2011 7:24:18 PM EDT
well I am still learning about these rifles, I would really like a milled receiver, but there are so many many companies producing AK and AK style guns,

is there a quality AK47 with a milled receiver that is good quality and economical that is preferred here?

I'd like to get into a good quality gun for around $800.00

thanks in advance

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
well I am still learning about these rifles, I would really like a milled receiver, but there are so many many companies producing AK and AK style guns,

is there a quality AK47 with a milled receiver that is good quality and economical that is preferred here?

I'd like to get into a good quality gun for around $800.00

thanks in advance

Jamie

Why do you want milled? A waste of weight if you ask me.

Get an arsenal ak from k-var and be done!
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think it would be tougher, with less flex, maybe a bit more accurate.

I am kinda eying the Arsenal SGL21-61
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I found the SGL21-61 here for $729.95 best price I have seen

http://www.tac47industries.com/content-product_info/product_id-2267/arsenal_sgl21_61.html

EDIT I just found it here for $679.99

www.palmettostatearmory.com/757.php
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
They are heavy but I still love my SAM-7S and it is my go to.  I also have to stamped ak's as well. I love them all!
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Polish 1960 will probably be the next AK I buy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:00:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would think it would be tougher, with less flex, maybe a bit more accurate.

1. Millions of stamped receiver AKs have been produced. There have not been widespread reports of failures of those receivers. Why do you think you need a semiauto rifle with a "tougher" receiver?
2. Do you really believe you can provide enough resistance with your shoulder to cause the stamped receiver to flex?
3. The receiver type does not sffect accuracy. Any difference in accuracy between a milled receiver rifle and a stamped receiver rifle comes from the thicker barrel profile used with most milled receivers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Look around for a SLR-95.  You probably wont find one NIB.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Look around for a SLR-95.  You probably wont find one NIB.

This is your best bet
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Shop around for a good deal on a Polytech or Norinco. There was just a lightly used Norinco milled with a 386 marked receiver  at a local pawn shop for $440 Saturday. I stupidly left it there and went back to get it today. GONE. I haven't stopped kicking myself in the ass yet.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top