Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2011 5:52:40 PM EDT
You guys know the type: polymer, East German style, which IO used to offer separately, now only on their rifles.

A quick google search seems to show either hot or cold opinions...either you love it or it's cheap crap. So which is it?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?

Ok, for reference, here is what I'm talking about...

From Centerfire Systems

And from Royal Tiger Imports

Incidentally, I haven't heard of any problems from CF, but never heard of RTI before...
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the grip was super comfy but the rifle was crap.

Mine had different HG than the CFS pictured...was semi proprieatary and a pain to replace.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, thanks for the tip. Now, would you say it was also durable? I had heard the rifles themselves were simply slightly modified WASRs, but I'm most curious about the furniture itself...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone? Bueller?

Come on, somebody has to have tried the IO AK's, and formed an opinion about the furniture.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
It's Cheap plastic junk.

HDH.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#6]
THe handguards will likely melt under heavy fire.  But other than that it's polymer.  I doubt the buttstock is gong to crack.  I have handled their rifles before and the stock and grip feel great.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, so this sounds like they are about on-par with those already worn on Century M-74's. I've examined those, and while they seem sturdy enough, there is no heat shield. The stock and grip there seem serviceable, at least.

Can anyone else speak to the durability?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Alright, broke down and ordered a set, I'll let everyone know how they turn out....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top