Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2011 6:00:09 PM EDT
Hi all together !
I´m new to the Forum, and I hope that my posting is in the Right Place !

I´m a "new owner" of a NORINCO VALLEY GUN (Norinco Hunter) in 7,62x39. Since our stupid Laws just allow us to own AK-Varriants (in this calibre) that does NOT Look like the Actual assault rifle, the field of possible rifles to purchase is pretty small !
The Norinco Hunter is such a rifle, that is legal to won here (ffor sport shooters !)
The thing is: tthe Front Wooden Handguard seems pretty worn to me, and i´m affrraid the thing will soon meet its end.
So i´m looking for ANY possible rail I COULD install on that particular rifle !
Maybe some of you are experienced with the NORINCO HUNTER, because oover here,iit´s not a very common rifle, and tuning stuff is also hard to find !

I Thought: maybe some Galil Type rails MIGHT fit to the system ?
I would be glad, to hear your opinion.

Thanx
TS
(PS: i can post some pictures of the gun later !)
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I know they have a gali conversion but I don't know anything about it. Try google, you might get more info out of that for ya.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
hi.

well, i searched the whole net (and used google) like crazy !
i also wrote to a lot of distributors...
i hoped, someone with some REAL experience could tell me some 1st hand information...
(well, tthat was also one reason for me, to sign in HERE, cuz you americans have a lot more infos and dealers for these things !)

since the NORINCO HUNTER is more build like a galil than an AK47, i was thinking that some rail for this system would work.... but it´s always expensive to buy stuff to find out, and than experience, that it will not work !

cheers
TS

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Give it a few days, I'm sure someone will know something about it and be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
sure ! i will wait !
anyone with some opinions on that, is welcome !
By the way: here´s the rifle for Now... (gotta do some modifications in the next few weeks !!! ... another mount, another scope...change the stock slightly... )
http://www.abload.de/thumb/ebay015b7mk.jpg
cheers
TS
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics without the handguard would help.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
THIS is actually not MY gun, but it´s exactly the same...
http://www.abload.de/thumb/norincoxull.jpg
i will take some better pics tomorrow !
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Look for the Galil conversion topics out there.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37949

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-374005.html

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can use a Galil handguard with rear and front retainers from the little I have read.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
wow ! the links are great !
I´m still working, but will read the stuff carefully, when I´m home !  thanx !

cheers
TS
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at a local gun store today and a guy had brought in a "Hunter" and was looking for a front sight tool. I thought of you and even told the story of how you can't own the AK's that look like the assult rifles. Small world, hope you found what you needed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a MI Galil rail on my hunter, but its been "converted" and has a Galil gas tube.  Not sure if it'd work on a bone stock Norinco?!?  IIRC it connects to the barrel so you might be in luck.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
awesome config, officer.
but like i said earlier: the whole "assult rifle looking" is not possible over here. (really weird shit: you are allowed to own an AR15 in .223, but are NOT allowed to own an AK-clone in the original calibre..(JUST when it looks like, whatever...a "hunter"-like mine, or got these ugly wooden stocks like the Molot Vepr...)
this rule sucks !
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top