Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:59:35 PM EDT
Where does everybody buy their Arsenal AK"s at?  Looking for the best price from a reputable  dealer.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=353   just find a dealer who will recieve it and do the paperwork  should be about $30 to get them to do that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
newfrontierarmory.com

Has anybody ever bought a rifle from them?  I see their prices are a little cheaper than K-var.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
nvm
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You shouldn't buy an Arsenal Without inspecting it first, they are notorious for canted front sights and they have the worst customer service on the planet

I think you're mixing Arsenal up with century..
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

newfrontierarmory.com

Has anybody ever bought a rifle from them?  I see their prices are a little cheaper than K-var.

I bought my 31-94 from them....with no canted front sites

fast shipping BTW

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have tried atlantic, but they've been out.

I see newfrontierarmory.com has a 31-74. What's the difference between that and the 84?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You shouldn't buy an Arsenal Without inspecting it first, they are notorious for canted front sights and they have the worst customer service on the planet

I know some have had issues with their sights, but I have personally never picked up an Arsenal at any store that didn't have good straight sights.  Seems like every other century gun has something crooked.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would not go that far

I have had 4 Arsenals (2 Bulgy and 2 Russian) and have never had a canted sight.  Even if I did get one with a cant to it, its not the end of the world and is a easy fix.  A few hits with a deadblow hammer and they will usualy straigten out.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a SGL31-84 from New Frontier Armory. Fast shipping, Great communication, overall good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I own an Arsenal AK and it has perfect sights. I've inspected at least ten at gun shows, and they have all had perfect sights. You're spewing bullshit. When I purchased my SGL-31, I had a question about their sight-in distance and called arsenal to ask about it. They were very courteous and helpful.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I called my Local gunshop Lonestar Gun Range in Lumberton Tx/ Sat afternoon Apil 16 I was at the shop April 19th I love buyoing a  Gun On Patriots day.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know you are upset with your experience with them so you probably want to hurt their business...

...but saying they are notorious for canted sights is about the overstatement of the century.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#13]
nvm
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I do have a chip on my shoulder becuase i have had personal experience with them, and you can do a google search and find hundreds of other people who have had the same experience

I did not find the hundreds of people that you speak of. The first page of my google search had this as one of the results:

I believe in Arsenal AK's becuase of their workmanship and customer service. So, with that being said, the choice is yours.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#15]
nvm
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#16]

nvm
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]

this is a technical forum, not a rant forum. You want to rant, go to GD and rant. For someone with such a low post count you're starting off on the wrong foot. You don't like Arsenal, fine. There's companies I don't like, you just need to present it in a different manner. Perhaps like, "In my own experience, blah companies rifle came to me...." Or "I believe there are other options..." or "For the $, I had expected something better, but in my experience...." This just jumping into any thread that says Arsenal and you blowing your top about something that is completely unrelated (not this thread, but another) is annoying.

My opinion anyway...

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-talk/64272-picked-up-my-arsenal-slr-107fr-today-finally.html
http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=82&t=115362
http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121124
http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/showthread.php?p=267530
http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=8233

Thats my first 5 entries theres alot more

THat's for sure not hundreds, and neither was the google searches I did.

Fact is, every AK builder on the market has put out guns with a flaw before.  Even preban chicoms have been had with canted sights.  Arsenal has done it, but it is much less common than the other manufacturers currently pumping out AKs by the thousands.

Your words "notorious" and "hundreds" are still the overstatement of the century.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got one, sgl-21 with a canted rear sight. I was going to send it back but  the dealer got under the front sight block where one ear of the front sight would not go up high enough and fixed it somehow??
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I got my SGL-31 from Davidsons who shipped to my FFL.  Davidson's may not be the absolute lowest price but they have a lifetime warranty on everything they sell.   I bought a 1911 a few years ago from Davidson's and the slide stop broke.  I expected them to just send me a new slide stop and amazingly they shipped me a brand new 1911.  IMO, the lifetime warranty is enough incentive to buy from them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top