Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 6:58:27 PM EDT
I just bought my first Wasr 10/63 and took the wood pieces over to my buddy wood shop to sand and stain them.  Thats when I was asked if anyone makes the wood hardware out of solid blocks of wood instead of laminate.   I was wondering if anyone has heard of using solid wood like mahogany or if there would be any interest for a set?
And for any of you Wasr 10 haters, mine is very tight and just needs a good cleaing.  shoots mint also.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
ironwood
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Heres some Ironwood Walnut

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks a lot nicer than the original crap.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That looks a lot nicer than the original crap.

WASR wood can look nice:

That was my brothers that I redid for him.

I'm redoing a WASR stock in Tung oil right now. Here are the handgaurds

I'm not done with the stock yet, it needed much more TLC than the gaurds but here's what they looked like before, right off the rifle:

My first attempt at RIT dye, folowed by Tung oil.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Jadnil also makes custom wood sets for AKs.  Some of their stuff looks a little funky but other stuff looks quite nice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 Thats when I was asked if anyone makes the wood hardware out of solid blocks of wood instead of laminate.  

The Romanians made some. SARs and early WASRs had solid furniture.
IIRC the Hungarians did so too. There are probably others as well.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top