Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/22/2011 4:04:37 PM EDT
Last month I purchased the Interarms AK-74 with wood stock from Atlantic Firearms, but before it arrived I injured my left quadricep tendon and had to wait to fire it. I did so today. Overall the rifle is very nice. No canted sights. Nice dark gray parkerizing, just like a U.S. M16. The stocks are reddish in color and decent. I used the russian surplus 7n6 5.45x39 from AIM surplus. The combination was absolutely accurate.  I fired 90 rounds at a measured 100 yards at pine cones and hit them many numerous times. At 200 yards I was able to hit the mark on  a cliff bank with accuracy. There were no failures out of the three mags I shot. I am totally satisfied with this weapon. Now if I could just find a 10 round magazine for less than $45, and a drum magazine I would be in tall cotton!
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
10rd magazines here.
Unfortunately, drums for 5.45 are pricey at 300.00 as they are custom made from 7.62 drums.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked mine up Friday, haven't shot it yet though. Sounds like it's much the same as yours, very straight. Also has a side rail- which doesn't matter to me, but some may be interested in that. The wood isn't great= typical surplus. The lower hand-guard in particular was grimy and dark. I sanded the hand-guards and put a couple coats of Danish oil on them and they look & feel much better now.  Also, added the 1" butt pad extension. Overall it appears to be exactly as Atlantic describes/pictures it on their site. Should get it out to shoot soon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
If you  just want the 10 round magazines for range use TAPCO is releasing them soon in 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Shot mine today, put about 300 rounds of russian surplus through it with no problems. Other than it shooting 10-12 inches right @ 100 yards its a good rifle. Now I just gotta figure out how to adjust the sights for windage
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Took mine out for the first time today. Only put 4 mags of Russian surplus though it but without a single issue in feeding, key-holing, etc. This target is from the first mag, shooting standing off hand at 50 yds. The first 10 rounds form the 'group' to the right, I pushed the front site- a little too much- and got the far left bunch, tweaked it back and got the middle, more or less. I'm pleased so far and will really wring it out next time I take it out.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top