Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2011 9:46:37 PM EDT
I can't desire which of the grips I want on my AK. Anyone have some preferences?  http://emob1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa369/nuber2ooo/image2-1.jpg?t=1296181879
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Exact same problem... SOMEONE HELP US!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on your personal preference. If you prefer the angle of ar grips then the Ergo is the winner. If you like a more traditional AK grip angle (vertical) then the Hogue wins. If you want a third option you can get the ACE grip adapter and mount an AR Hogue grip to it. I just switched to a Magpul MIAD and couldn't be happier. When mounted on the ACE grip adapter, it puts my hand slightly back and down from the trigger guard making it more ergonomic. It also gets my trigger finger more aligned with the trigger which is a huge improvement IMO.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW I like the color combo. That tan color just looks like it belongs on your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a big fan of the MOE grip.  I have a Hogue on a AK74 and it feels good bt I hate it when I go to safe and hang because the rubber always ends up pulling at my clothes and gear.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Another +1 for the MOE grip.
I just used a dremel and grinder to fit mine right to my '74. Mapgul just happens to have a second hole inside these that lines up perfectly with the AK grip screw... convenient.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I love the Hogue.  I have it on all my ARs and three of my AKs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I am a big fan of the US Palm grip.

I just replaced the my Ergo Classics on both my AK's with the US Palm.

I really like how it fills my hand and how it positions it high against the receiver for better control.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#8]
U.S. Palm all the way.

Magpul can go pound sand for all I care.  I waited on them for too long.  Since they won't produce any AK furniture, I am certainly not going to modify something, or buy an adapter, just to make one of their products work.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
U.S. Palm all the way.

Magpul can go pound sand for all I care.  I waited on them for too long.  Since they won't produce any AK furniture, I am certainly not going to modify something, or buy an adapter, just to make one of their products work.

So if Magpul made AK parts you would have bought them just because they were Magpul? I didn't wake up one morning and say hey, I want all Magpul stuff on my gun. I just built it how I wanted it while staying 922r compliant. There are several other brands of aftermarket parts on my AK incuding VLTOR, CAA, Tapco, Primary Arms, Ultimak, and ACE.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Hogue

Best thing since PB&J!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
U.S. Palm all the way.

So if Magpul made AK parts you would have bought them just because they were Magpul? I didn't wake up one morning and say hey, I want all Magpul stuff on my gun. I just built it how I wanted it while staying 922r compliant. There are several other brands of aftermarket parts on my AK incuding VLTOR, CAA, Tapco, Primary Arms, Ultimak, and ACE.

No, I would have gladly bought a Magpul MIAD or MOE grip if they made them for the AK because they are good grips, not because of who makes them.

However, it has been requested of Magpul to make AK furniture and they still sit on their hands.  I would rather buy an AK product from a company that actually makes something for the AK instead of buying adapters or modifying another company's product to make it work.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I loved my Hogue grip I put on my SLR-105 so much I bought one for my AR also
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Another +1 for the Hogue, I've had them installed on both of my AKs and love them. I previously had a Tapco SAW grip on a Saiga conversion and wasn't fond of it at all. The Ergo grip feels nice as well. However, I have no experience with anything made by US Palm... I've been considering trying one for some time now and picking up a couple of their magazines, too...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Hogue
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top