Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:12:19 AM EDT
Im looking for another ak to my collection, however I have not kept up with all the different varients. Im thinking of a 5.56 or 5.45, what would be the best to get? What are all these WASR varients? From my understanding they are the cheeper models of the SAR and some were meant to only accept single stacked etc. Basically Im looking for a smaller caliber then 7.62 and not sure what to get. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Get an AK that can accept a double stack mag if it's legal in your area.  5.45mm is currently much cheaper than 5.56mm if you're interested in just blasting. I had a 5.45mm for years and it was near impossible to get any ammunition for it. Then the Russians dumped millions of rounds from 1976 on the market and it was around 10 cents a round.  R Guns has it now for 12.5 cents a round whereas Wolf 5.56mm is around 20 cents. If you can squirrel away a lot of rounds then the 5.45mm is a worthwhile addition. However, when that surplus dries up or is no longer imported, it'll be much more expensive than 5.56mm.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top