Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/18/2010 2:04:15 PM EDT
whats the average cost for a Romanian AK ? I saw one in a Flyer  for around 400 .... it has a laminated stock , 7.62 x 39 caliber, Two 30 round mags, and i think a bayonet.  Are they any good ?

Also saw a different AK that claims to be an american copy of the Polish 1960 ?  Has a american milled receiver and new american barrel. Wood stock ... two 30 round mags.... but i dont know who its made by.   Price for that is around 600  

What does the hive mind have to say  ?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The hive-mind says: AimSurplus!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CAKGPWASR&groupid=11

If the flyer is advertising 400 dollars locally it's a good deal. As you would get to inspect the rifle personally, and no shipping fees.

As for the polish 1960: I believe they are imported by Century, possibly assembled by Century... I could be wrong though. From what I've read they're good rifles.

600 locally is a good deal

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/akagun-pol.aspx
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That Polish rifle you describe is made by Century, they're probably the largest importer of AKs there is. The Romanian rifle is most likely a Century import and $400 is about right in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That Polish rifle you describe is made by Century, they're probably the largest importer of AKs there is. The Romanian rifle is most likely a Century import and $400 is about right in my neck of the woods.

would you say that the Romanian rifles are good?  I know nothing about AKs
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
WASR rifles $369.00 + tax out the door from Dunhams stores in the midwest states.

Used SAR rifles $450.00-$525.00

The Century milled rifles are on US receiver seem like an OK deal to me. Non-chromelined US barrel. I'd probably buy one if I didn't already have 7 or so AK type rifles
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top