Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2010 7:47:20 AM EDT
First - Do they work?  Are they finiky about ammo?

The optic rail - Is it steel, is it the same as an AK rail; as in, will it take standard AK mounts?

The muzzle nut/threads - Are the threads typical AK, as in, will it take AK muzzle accessories?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is handle one before you buy. IMO they are sub-standard and pretty much all their .22lrs have serious platform issues. While I will say their CS is excellent that doesn't make up for their firearms lacking in quality.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I handled one and it felt cheap cheap cheap.
Can't say anything for function, I wouldn't buy one to find out after handling one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a 10/22 instead. You will be much happier.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a toy, feels like a toy, and priced like the real thing.

I can't find one thing I like about them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
One would think it would be relatively easy to design a dedicated AK in .22 caliber, but they totally missed it!  It vaguely resembles an AK from a distance, but that's as close as it gets.  I've handled several of them and figured out quickly that I did not want one.  I hate that, because I badly want a decent AK in .22 caliber.  I've heard that Saiga may be making one at some point.  I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One would think it would be relatively easy to design a dedicated AK in .22 caliber.

There's already an AK chambered in .22, it's called the WASR-22, google it. WASR-22s used to cost around $30.00 less than a WASR-10 and had some feeding issues, so not many people bought them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top