Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:32:18 PM EDT
I posted this in the hometown section but no one responded. I want to build a Krinkov, I know here in NY i cant have a folder so i will either put a fixed stock on it (i was thinking an ace 7.5) or just weld the folder open. Now my real question is can i silver solder a fake can on it or would that not be acceptable. My other thought was to put a 16" barrel on it but still have the short gas tube and the front sight gas block with nothing forward of it. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that silver solder with a 1,100 degree or higher melting point is accepted by the ATF as a way to permanently attach a muzzle device/barrel extension.

There is also a way that CA guys make the folding stocks fixed open that doesn't require welding.  They basically replace the spring in the stock latch with a piece of metal pipe so the button can't be pressed.  It's easily reversible if you ever move to a state that allowed folding stocks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
just buy an Arsenal SLR106UR or SLR107UR

16" barrel, would have to fix the stock in the open position...  

Krink kits are getting expensive.  The SLR106UR or 107UR option is the most cost effective

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106ur.htm

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
just buy an Arsenal SLR106UR or SLR107UR

16" barrel, would have to fix the stock in the open position...  

Krink kits are getting expensive.  The SLR106UR or 107UR option is the most cost effective

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106ur.htm

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106ur/slr106ur.jpg

I would do that but unfortunately i would not be able to purchase it the way it is also i wouldn't want it in 556. Not that 556 is a bad caliber just i already own a ar with 2 uppers. I would go for the 107UR but again i wouldn't be able to buy it here in NY. I have a bolt carrier and bolt for a 7.62 i also have a 16" barrel i could use, a us grip and Tapco fcg. So i would still have to buy the gas tube, gas piston, the lower hanguard retainer, front block, top cover and a fsb. If anyone can think of anything else i would need or if something i listed wont work chime in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
you could also blind pin the fake can in place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
+1.  Sounds like your options are to get it welded or pinned in place due to not NY law, but BATFE regulation.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top