Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2010 1:45:23 PM EDT
What is fair pricing or the going rate for a competent 'smith to correct canted gas block, FSB, and readjust front sight? Weapon is NIB. Any help appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
if you bought it recently from a dealer, send it back to whoever built it, CENTURY, ARSENAL etc..  and have them fix it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

if you bought it recently from a dealer, send it back to whoever built it, CENTURY, ARSENAL etc..  and have them fix it.

Follow the above advice.  Contact the builder or the vendor you purchased the rifle from and ask for an exchange or have the problem fixed

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it back to Romania and get a Bulgarian instead.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
i know the Firing Line in OK charges $100 to change both GB and FSB on an AK. i dont know if it will be less just to adjust them but he does good work and is someone you can trust with your favorite AK, not just someone that can do it but never really works on them. do you feel comfortable driving out the pins and tapping it over with a piece of wood and a hammer? i have heard of people fixing the FSB cant like this, i have never tried it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
my gas block was slightly canted on my Arsenal SGL... I fixed it with a hammer
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Forget about the high lighted. They don't care. Been there, tried that.... Forget about Krebs also, been there done that and they didn't fix it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I know how to fix it, but the rifle is a few hundred miles away. I'm just trying to get fair price range for the work, so I can send some money out.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top