Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:13:09 AM EDT
I finally went out to the range today with this new Bushnell TRS-25 that I mounted on my WASR GP 10/63.  I must say for the $89 that I spent on this sight, I'm thoroughly impressed. It was a pretty bright day with the sun beaming down and I only had it set on intensity level 8 or 9 of 11.  After getting it sighted in, it held true shot after shot.  

I didn't try shooting at 100 yards today because I just don't find it fun with this AK setup. I don't know how you guys group so well with a 0X sight at that distance.  I can't see sh!t at that kind of yardage and since I'm not preparing for a SHTF scenario, i just stuck to 50 yards.  Anyway, here are some pics of of the gun and the results.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2275/ak2m.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2660/trs2.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4549/50yards2.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear you like it.  The TRS-25 is a good MRD for the coin.

I've had one mounted on an Ultimak for well over a year now and it never misses a beat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've had one mounted on an Ultimak for well over a year now and it never misses a beat.

Does the TRS-25 co-witness?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine doesn't, but it's not the sight's fault.  My choice of rail sits too high.  I'm sure it would if you had a low enough rail.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, lower 1/3 co-witness.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been considering picking up one of these budget RDs for one of my rimfires but haven't really looked into them too much yet.

How does the TRS-25 compare to the Primary Arms Micro Dot?  Are there any pros or cons to either over the other?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like it would co-witness on an ultimak rail. I have a similar microdot, not the same, but dimensions appear to be the same and it co-witnesses perfectly on an ultimak.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been considering picking up one of these budget RDs for one of my rimfires but haven't really looked into them too much yet.

How does the TRS-25 compare to the Primary Arms Micro Dot?  Are there any pros or cons to either over the other?

Quality wise they are about the same.  They each have quirks. I think the TRS-25 is supposed to have a longer battery life. I have both but have not tested the battery life.  The dot on the micro dot is bigger and  looks crisper but is not as bright as the TRS-25. . Also the knob onthe TRS-25 is very tight compared to the microdot and is sometime hard to turn. The diode on the TRS is at 5 o'clock while the diode on my micro dot is at 6 o'clock. Both seem to have some optical distortion with a very small field of view.  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top