Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 4:13:07 PM EDT

My Polish underfolder has a canted front sight base and the place I was sent here locally for service does not do a lot of AK work.   Please check my understanding of how a regular AK smith would fix this problem.   I like this rifle a lot and will yank it back and send it to Rifle Dynamics or the like if I decide the local gunsmith is not up on the right procedures.    

Thanks for any help on this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
with a BMFH
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove the two pins, move the sight post over, redrill/repin.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remove the two pins, move the sight post over, redrill/repin.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes it's necessary to press off the FSB first before realigning it. Those puppies can be on pretty tight.
I usually fab up some slightly oversized pins, and over drill for a new press fit.
It only take about 10 seconds in the kiln to harden pins that small.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
with a BMFH

Actually works pretty well if the sight is not canted a lot.  I recommend a deadblow.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top