Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2010 12:05:49 PM EDT
I think the fake suppressor looks cool on the AK. If I have a WASR 10/63 which thread do I have  for the suppressor? 14x1 LH??
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What the heck is a fake suppressor and what does it do?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a real one or don't do it all....
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hmm...I live in Michigan...
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They are barrel extensions for people that can't or don't want to go thru thee SBR process.

To put one on a WASR to just look cool... kinda silly as you just look like a total poser once you start shooting and everyone sees its just a fake.

It's not like they are cheap either... $100 or so.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I can understand them when used as a barrel extension for short barreled rifles, if you live in an area that prohibits SBRs.  But putting one on a standard barreled rifle just makes no sense at all to me.  The $$, the added length and weight...why?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can understand them when used as a barrel extension for short barreled rifles, if you live in an area that prohibits SBRs.  But putting one on a standard barreled rifle just makes no sense at all to me.  The $$, the added length and weight...why?

Well, MFI makes fake cans and adapters that hide barrel length. Example, a M4rgery with a fake can that would look like a 10.5"/11.5" with a can, but still keeps 16" velocity, like reverse-XM177 FH's. I see it akin to AM wheels on a pedestrian car. Some might think it's pointless, but under the right circumstances it looks cool enough to mitigate the poser-level.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have $15k to spend on an FA rifle but I'm not going to engrave "Auto" on my lower

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are barrel extensions for people that can't or don't want to go thru thee SBR process.

To put one on a WASR to just look cool... kinda silly as you just look like a total poser once you start shooting and everyone sees its just a fake.

doesnt spikes sell fake cans for like $30?

And I dont like fake ones and I wouldnt put them on my guns, but come on guys, lighten up. I mean hes not fighing zombies every day, hes just a common shooter and wants his rifle to look cool but doesnt wanna spend 1K on a suppressor/or cant get them due to local laws. If he just wants his gun to look cool and its what he wants they why make fun of him for it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I dont like fake ones and I wouldnt put them on my guns, but come on guys, lighten up. I mean hes not fighing zombies every day, hes just a common shooter and wants his rifle to look cool but doesnt wanna spend 1K on a suppressor/or cant get them due to local laws. If he just wants his gun to look cool and its what he wants they why make fun of him for it?

COuld be.. I haven't shopped for them in years.  So there could be cheap ones out there.  My next krink will be an SBR so I haven't had a need to look into them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

COuld be.. I haven't shopped for them in years.  So there could be cheap ones out there.  My next krink will be an SBR so I haven't had a need to look into them.

nice, I want a Krink so bad
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't bash the OP (ME) holy crap guys. I just thought it looked cool to have around. Seem them for $29 online. I think the shooting world has become rather stuck up , AR/AK guys becoming pretty rude.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
AR/AK guys becoming pretty rude.

Or delicate, just depends on your perspective

Do what ya like man.  I think most people don't see the need to have a $30 piece of aluminum that serves no purpose other than to sit around a look like something it isn't.

Your WASR should have 14x1 LH threads, have at it man.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't bash the OP (ME) holy crap guys. I just thought it looked cool to have around. Seem them for $29 online. I think the shooting world has become rather stuck up , AR/AK guys becoming pretty rude.

Going to have to agree with the OP here. Its like y'all got your reverse donkey schlongs stuck in the wrong place. The chest rig that I am going to order probably isn't going to do anything more than make me feel cool as hell, (in a real shtf I'll be dead before I get through 6 mags) but that isn't going to stop me from picking it up.

Lighten up
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to have to agree with the OP here. Its like y'all got your reverse donkey schlongs stuck in the wrong place. The chest rig that I am going to order probably isn't going to do anything more than make me feel cool as hell, (in a real shtf I'll be dead before I get through 6 mags) but that isn't going to stop me from picking it up.

Lighten up

AMEN!!!!! THANKS
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
+1.

If you want to rock a faux silencer on your rifle, then rock on:

Just make sure you don't injure yourself or others with something not designed to take the pressure of actual rounds going through it (airsoft, etc.) if you plan to do that.  Also, make sure it's not goofed up or canted where the bullet strikes it as it's going out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#18]
If someone was against a "fake can" for a suppressor because someone wants their rifle to look cool, they should also hate people building clones of military AK's. Like peple putting russian wood on it or the "correct optics" for the era of gun they want. After all, Its just the looks right? A WASR stock will do just as good as any russian stock, the diffrence wont affect the performance of the gun. Or people putting Kobra sights for a russian military look instead of Aimpoint/Eotech, both do the same job but it wont be "correct" with the aimpoint.

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If someone was against a "fake can" for a suppressor because someone wants their rifle to look cool, they should also hate people building clones of military AK's. Like peple putting russian wood on it or the "correct optics" for the era of gun they want. After all, Its just the looks right? A WASR stock will do just as good as any russian stock, the diffrence wont affect the performance of the gun. Or people putting Kobra sights for a russian military look instead of Aimpoint/Eotech, both do the same job but it wont be "correct" with the aimpoint.

AMEN. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
People clone military weapons that they can't legally own.  I'd say the overwhelming majority of gun owners can own a real suppressor.  So it's really not even close to being the same thing.  Red Jacket even makes a PBS looking suppressor for AKs.

There are also differences with the different stocks available.  The WASR stuff feels like sandpaper in my hands.  Any wood with a good finish feels better and that is what I prefer.

The scopes... again, people are trying to get as close to they can to a military issue weapon will get matching scopes.  Not the same thing at all as a fake can.  These are real scopes afterall, not a fake hollow tube that is there to just look like a scope.

Just get whatever you want.  Trying to justify it either way is silly.  I think fake stuff on a real rifle is cheesy.. but if that is what you want then have at it.  Have fun with guys at the range asking whats wrong with your suppressor  I got the questions repeatedly when I had my old fake canned krink at the range.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I got mine cause I had $20 bucks lying around, and already had some beer for the weekend...

It doesn't go to the range, just for poser pics here on arfcom

Link Posted: 8/13/2010 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, do whatever you want man. No matter what you do, it won't please everyone.
If you like the look, buy it.
I don't know the thread numbers though, sorry.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
People clone military weapons that they can't legally own.  I'd say the overwhelming majority of gun owners can own a real suppressor.  So it's really not even close to being the same thing.  Red Jacket even makes a PBS looking suppressor for AKs.

There are also differences with the different stocks available.  The WASR stuff feels like sandpaper in my hands.  Any wood with a good finish feels better and that is what I prefer.

The scopes... again, people are trying to get as close to they can to a military issue weapon will get matching scopes.  Not the same thing at all as a fake can.  These are real scopes afterall, not a fake hollow tube that is there to just look like a scope.

Just get whatever you want.  Trying to justify it either way is silly.  I think fake stuff on a real rifle is cheesy.. but if that is what you want then have at it.  Have fun with guys at the range asking whats wrong with your suppressor  I got the questions repeatedly when I had my old fake canned krink at the range.

I thought the OP was in a state that didnt allow real suppressors?

You could always refinnish the WASR wood, I was just giving a cheaper stock as a option. I could of said SAR-1, MAADI... etc

Ya, they are trying to get as close to the military issue weapon. Its the same thing as someone buying a fake suppressor to get the suppressed look as close as they can to the real deal, when they cant afford it or its just against the law there.

I agree with you, I have no desire for anything fake on my gun but I can see why someone would want one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could always refinnish the WASR wood, I was just giving a cheaper stock as a option. I could of said SAR-1, MAADI... etc

Ya, they are trying to get as close to the military issue weapon. Its the same thing as someone buying a fake suppressor to get the suppressed look as close as they can to the real deal, when they cant afford it or its just against the law there.

I agree with you, I have no desire for anything fake on my gun but I can see why someone would want one.

The OP is from Texas..They allow suppressors..having a fake can is completely different from having a non-spec stock, sight or whatever..one works ..one doesn't.....to each their own..I just wouldn't want folks coming up to me asking why my suppressed rifle is making all that noise

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OP is from Texas..They allow suppressors..having a fake can is completely different from having a non-spec stock, sight or whatever..one works ..one doesn't.....to each their own..I just wouldn't want folks coming up to me asking why my suppressed rifle is making all that noise

I never said a non spec stock, I listed other wood besides russian

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a fake can on my krink to make it a legal 16 inch barrell.  Hawaii is not a SBR state.  Trust me you will hate the extra weight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top