Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2010 12:13:15 PM EDT
I currently am in Afghanistan and can't decide what to do. I have a polish tantal that shoots great but I am thinking of getting the centerfire Bulgarian AK74. I know about century arms and that some people get turds or an awesome gun.  I can't decide to get the AK74, or 2 thousand rounds of 5.45 right now. Do yall think the centerfire 74s will be sold out anytime soon?  Keep in mind next check I can get the 2 thousand rounds. So its either 2 thousand rounds or the 74 this month.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, THANK YOU for your service! I also have a Tantal, and let me say that if yours shoots good, just keep it! The experience is no worse and maybe a site better than most bulgy '74s...if you have a good Tantal, it already has alot going for it...folding stock...unique furniture...Polish quality...shoot them side by side and they are mostly the same experience. IMHO
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I love the tantal I am going to hold on to it! I am thinking of getting another 74 so the wife and I can have 2. I plan on getting the ammo and the rifle just not sure at which time. New 74 first or the ammo before the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You already have a rifle in the caliber, stock up on surplus ammo while it is available.  More and more rifles of this caliber are available, sooner or later the surplus ammo is going to dry up for awhile and then you will only have the commercial ammo at higher prices.

I've got around 16,000 rounds of the ammo stashed away and worry it won't be enough.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I was kind of thinking that too. I just hope another dumb ass ban does not come along on these type of rifle. I guess ill go with ammo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
If your tantal runs well, I'd say stock up on ammo.

Then again, if the wife wants one, convince her to get another 74 AND ammo...

Either way, you can't go wrong. Thank you for your service.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top