Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:44:01 PM EDT
I recently bought a Zastava PAP and was curious what aftermarket furniture might be available for a slant cut receiver? I would like to change the stock and handguard to a dark earth stock, pistol grip and handguard. I guess I could paint what I have, but would like to avoid that if possible. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the common response is going to be IronWood
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I had already checked them out. I guess what I'm really looking for is something like the TAPCO T6 stock that fits the slant cut, or maybe some type of adaptor for the straight cut stock.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat, someone posted once that it's really just cosmetics, apparently you can put any stock on there but you will have that triangle gap, I couldn't live with it though
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I guess what I'm really looking for is something like the TAPCO T6 stock that fits the slant cut

Get this adapter here or here and add this stock and you're in business.  You can also add a folding mechanism if you want.

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat, someone posted once that it's really just cosmetics, apparently you can put any stock on there but you will have that triangle gap, I couldn't live with it though

That would be me.  Yes you can use whatever.  I really dont find the gap that glaring.  Cosmetically speaking there are so many other issues that come with the typical slant cut that being concerned that it wont look "AK" enough is a non issue in my opinion.  If we are talking about a T-6 stock cosmetics are already out the window!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be me.  Yes you can use whatever.  I really dont find the gap that glaring.  Cosmetically speaking there are so many other issues that come with the typical slant cut that being concerned that it wont look "AK" enough is a non issue in my opinion.  If we are talking about a T-6 stock cosmetics are already out the window!

Do you have a photo with a straight cut stock installed? I'm either going to to just buy a stock, try it, and if I don't like the look have a friend machine a spacer for me, or, buy another AK for my black and tan build. I think I'll go by my local shop that usually has a bunch of AK's for around 399 and see if they have one that may have damaged furniture they would want to let go a bit cheaper, since I'm just going to strip it down and replace everything anyway.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I trashed all my pictures of it in any previous configurations, but I did have a T-6 in it at one point.  The gap was a little more obscured with that stock.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Snip

Do you have a photo with a straight cut stock installed?

Photos courtesy of Fishpaw:

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I opted to go in a totally different direction. Instead of chasing the slant or buying something jsut to strip down I bought a Sabre Defense stripped lower this afternoon to build a black and tan AR.

Thanks for the replys and photos it was a big help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Snip

Do you have a photo with a straight cut stock installed?

Photos courtesy of Fishpaw:

Im glad you found that photo...I couldnt find it on my computer. I did that for demonstration purposes just to show what it looked like. I ended up just reinstalling the original wood PAP thumbhole stock on the gun. I figured I already have a few examples of this kind of rifle with pistol grips, and why not an example with the thumbhole.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually find the thumbhole stock pretty comfortable and the high comb is great for scope use.  Besides, the wood is beautiful.  I'm going to keep mine as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I opted to go in a totally different direction. Instead of chasing the slant or buying something jsut to strip down I bought a Sabre Defense stripped lower this afternoon to build a black and tan AR.

You're Fired!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/jndavis350/DonaldTrumpsDog.jpg

You're Fired!

Sorrryyyy.......
http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/6d76d8ef5d18188e
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top