Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:10:43 PM EDT
I just installed a Ace folder on my SLG20 and was wondering if it is normal to have a little bit of play in the “Folding Stock Mechanism”  I have the standard folder not the pushbutton.  It locks up pretty tight but there is some slight up and down play on the hinge.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine has the very slightest of play but nothing I've ever noticed til now that you mentioned it and I went to check
ETA: Mine is in the same direction, up and down not side to side
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine also has a small amount of play.  However it's nothing more than any other folder I've ever used and once I shoulder the rifle I don't notice it at all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine has no play and locks up solid.  Very happy with it
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some movement as well, I removed my folding mechanism and went fixed on my Saiga 12.   I would like to have it repaired to take that woble out or maybe contact the manufacture to see what they can do.
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 2:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I emailed Ace last week but they have not replied as of yet.  I am not overly concerned but was just asking because all the reviews on here and other sites commented on how solid they are.

The little amount of play is nothing compared to some of the stocks on a few AR’s I have owned. I tried putting some tape on the back of the folding mechanism . It stops all the play but also keeps it from fully engaging the lock. Oh well It is just an AK after all not a precision rifle
Link Posted: 11/26/2009 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 4 rifles with ACE mounts. No play whatsoever in any.
Link Posted: 11/26/2009 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I've only had mine installed a few months.
It's really tight with no play at all.
I wondered if it would loosen up a little with time.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top