Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:13:44 PM EDT
OK... let me preface this by saying that I'm not an AK guy.  I don't own one (although I hope to some day), I've never shot one, and I know squat about them.

My dad, (completely ZERO internet skills) has a Norinco 84s-1.  It shoots .223.  He is having a problem with it leaving a dent in the brass between the shoulder and rim of the case after firing.  He wants to send them to me for reloading in trade for 20rd AR magazines (I'm an AR guy), however, I can't reload them with that dent in them.

I offered to come on here and throw it out to the knowledgable folks on here.  Has anyone had a similar problem with this?  Can it be fixed?  If so, what is it and how much/easy to fix?

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of said dent, but I'll try and see if I can get some at some point.  I've seen one of the spent casings before though.

Thanks in advance guys!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
AK's dent up brass pretty badly, not much can be done.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It's normal for an AK to dent the spent cases when they are ejected, it's just the way they work.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You can try a Valmet port buffer. I am thinking about getting one of these, as I have the same problem, and I use good boxer primed brass and would like to reload as well... the downside is it's $45, a decent chunk of change for a thin piece of rubber coated metal...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
long time ago I had a .223 AK that dented the hell out of the fired brass. I just resized it like normal and most of the dents ironed out during the reloading process. I wouldn't sweat it, just reload as normal and shoot.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top