Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:49:05 AM EDT
Guys, I posted this over in the "Ammunition" section, but wanted to re-post here in case some of you don't go to that section often.

Century sent an email this morning, stating that they currently have tins of 5.45 ammo on sale.  Normal price is $161, but they are currently selling it for $120 per tin.  I also recall that Century has ridiculously cheap shipping if you spend a certain amount (I think it is $400?).

If nothing else, this would seem to indicate that the surpus 5.45 ammo is still plentiful, and unlikely to dry up in the near future.

ETA: This special is good until 4:00pm (EST) on November 30.

ETA #2: I called Century to order some of this.  They told me that I had to have a FFL or C&R to order at this price, which they conveniently left out of the email.  I am not a C&R or FFL holder, and never have been.  Not sure why they would send an email to me that has prices I can't actually buy at.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys, I posted this over in the "Ammunition" section, but wanted to re-post here in case some of you don't go to that section often.

Century sent an email this morning, stating that they currently have tins of 5.45 ammo on sale.  Normal price is $161, but they are currently selling it for $120 per tin.  I also recall that Century has ridiculously cheap shipping if you spend a certain amount (I think it is $400?).

If nothing else, this would seem to indicate that the surpus 5.45 ammo is still plentiful, and unlikely to dry up in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!

edit:  Hopefully Aim and Rguns will follow!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
CAI direct is free shipping over $500.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, me too.  Bryan, does AIM have any plans to match Century's price in November?  I will definitely be ordering more 5.45 at this price, but would prefer to direct my money towards AIM.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i would loose $, i love how century sells us ammo and then a month later sells it retail for cheaper than they sold it to me

Meh Im not a fan of Century :P
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i would loose $, i love how century sells us ammo and then a month later sells it retail for cheaper than they sold it to me

Meh Im not a fan of Century :P

You're getting it from Century even if you're buying it from AIM
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!!!! I will be buying some ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#8]
When I put it in my cart it still says $160...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
got a link?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#10]
given the great reputation Century has for customer service.....oh wait ..thats right...they dont......I will still buy it from AIM, remembering how during the retarded days of the last year they did NOT jack anyone around and were good on their word.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When I put it in my cart it still says $160...

Yes, if I recall correctly, Century's shopping cart doesn't reflect the correct price until you are at the very end of the buying process; like right before you hit the final "buy" button.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
got a link?

No.  This came in an email to people on their email list.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#13]
This is what I see:

Do Not Click the back key on your browser while in Secure Checkout - To cancel your order  Click here   TT  

Check totals and proceed to process payment.
Applicable Discounts: Receive a discount on AM1505E until November 30
Total Goods: $186.95
Shipping and Handling: $12.95
Total Discounts: $26.56
Sub Total: $173.34
Grand Total: $173.34
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
got a link?

No.  This came in an email to people on their email list.

Could you post the email?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is what I see:

Do Not Click the back key on your browser while in Secure Checkout - To cancel your order  Click here   TT  

Check totals and proceed to process payment.
Applicable Discounts: Receive a discount on AM1505E until November 30
Total Goods: $186.95
Shipping and Handling: $12.95
Total Discounts: $26.56
Sub Total: $173.34
Grand Total: $173.34

Don't know why it says that.  Here is what the email said this morning, exactly as it reads in that email:

AM1505E              Ukraine 5.45x39 53gr. Berdan Primed, Corrosive, 1080 rd case
                               Was $161.87                                                           Now $120
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, if I recall correctly, Century's shopping cart doesn't reflect the correct price until you are at the very end of the buying process; like right before you hit the final "buy" button.

That's not how it's always worked for me before...

The cart reflects a "discount" which comes to $160/tin

Now I'm seeing rumors this is a C&R and/or dealer price?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's not how it's always worked for me before...

The cart reflects a "discount" which comes to $160/tin

Now I'm seeing rumors this is a C&R and/or dealer price?

Perhaps they haven't updated their shoppiong cart system yet?

I am neither a dealer nor a C&R holder, and I have double checked and tripled checked the email to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong or anything.  It absolutely says that 1080 tins of 5.45 are $120 for the month of November.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I just called Century, and they said that this is FFL (01 or 03) pricing only.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, that's a GREAT way to keep me and my $$$ over at AIM!

(That, and their customer service can't be beat)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I just called them too, and you're right.  They just told me that you have to have a C&R or FFL for this price.

Sorry...the email said absolutely nothing about having a C&R or FFL, and like I said before...I don't have either, so I'm not sure why they sent the email to me if they didn't actually have any intent to sell to me at those prices.    

What can I say?  It's Century.  They are quite possibly the most inept, unorganized dealer around.  They can't even organize a frickin' email list correctly, apparently.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:35:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
given the great reputation Century has for customer service.....oh wait ..thats right...they dont......I will still buy it from AIM, remembering how during the retarded days of the last year they did NOT jack anyone around and were good on their word.....

Agreed
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top